Re: Ticwatch S & E battery life

Moderators: garrywadams, Chintannapster, Aathif Mahir, Sabertooth

no avatar
tgriger
Cash on hand: Locked

Post by tgriger » Mon Apr 01, 2019 7:16 am

My battery life is from morning to second day night (two days). I have disabled Wifi and OK Google. Very important for my batery life was disable Mobvoi apps: Fitness, Health, Heart rate and Step Ranking.

no avatar
debsawyer

Post by debsawyer » Fri Aug 02, 2019 3:23 am

My battery life is terrible. I put my watch on a 10 am, and it's dead by 6 pm. It's very slow in response time. It never rings when I get a call, and it freezes a lot.

no avatar
Ladylaw

Post by Ladylaw » Sat Aug 03, 2019 11:07 am

Have had my Tickwatch E for only a few days and the battery life is horrible. Slept with it on my wrist at 100%. Woke up to 48%. That's unacceptable. My Fitbit kept a good charge for at least 3-4 days when not very active. This needs to be addressed. I like the watch but I need to be able to use it.

no avatar
trifalin94

Post by trifalin94 » Thu Sep 26, 2019 11:04 am

My ex ticwatch e was really good ... Battery life was 1 day full but i'vd missed google pay this is the reason for wich i sold it .

no avatar
jrkoensgen

Post by jrkoensgen » Mon Oct 21, 2019 2:12 am

I'm also having battery rundown problems. I've had the watch for almost exactly 1 year. Until a couple of days ago it was working fine but all of a sudden it started to run down to zero (even though nothing had changed on the watch) after about 6 hours. I've actually charged it 4 times in the last day and a half to a full (100%) charge., turned on battery saver (no difference) and I'm now at a loss on what to do.

I actually need this to see my Constant Glucose Monitor sensor readings (sent by Bluetooth to my phone and my watch); it's why I bought the watch. (I'm a type 1 diabetic using the xDrip+ app).

The watch had been running brilliantly, lasting all day and then some (generally about 35% remaining). I showed it to everyone...

Please advise.

no avatar
sunil.iconad

Post by sunil.iconad » Mon Nov 04, 2019 11:42 pm

Ok guys so a very quick update.
What I can see is the wifi and Bluetooth are the culprit. These are the two things which are definitely killing the battery life.

Why? So I put the watch on airplane mode overnight when my battery was at 80% and morning it was on 78%.

Also the wear OS battery information on the mobile app is wrong. They never show correct information.

My advice, u can continue to use the watch the way u want, provided u put it on airplane mode overnight.

Hope this helps.

no avatar
youriyamadan

Post by youriyamadan » Mon Nov 11, 2019 9:26 am

Hi every one i have the same issue with my TicWatch E i need a battery to replace the original one where can i buy one? is Mobvoi sell batteries if yes how can i command one. Please answer me. Thanks :idea: :idea:

no avatar
mekriss

Post by mekriss » Sun Jan 05, 2020 8:44 am

Hi My ticwatch E is not charging. From last 1 week maximum its reaching 18%. I hardly used the watch. Someone there to help this issue

no avatar
mddhayalan

Post by mddhayalan » Sat Apr 11, 2020 5:32 am

I feel ticwatch E battery is pretty decent considering the specs. I found out that certain custom watch faces drain battery soon. But stock faces are good at conserving battery.

no avatar
tiarobson99

Post by tiarobson99 » Sun Apr 12, 2020 11:26 am

samfong wrote:
Wed Nov 22, 2017 3:00 am
Hi everyone!

Thank you for purchasing Ticwatch S & E

We are sorry to hear that you've been experience battery life issues with your watch. If you meet abnormal battery capacity, like a sudden drop or short battery life, please be assured that it is not an issue with the quality of the watch.

We advise that you use the watch until the battery is empty, then charge it up to full, and repeat this over 1-3 discharge and charge cycles - the battery capacity should improve.

If you have any doubts while using your watch, please feel free to contact our support team on the Mobvoi Official website. Thanks again for your support! Have a great day :)

Best,
The Mobvoi Team
For me, poor battery life is a deal killer. I need an Android smartwatch to last me one day (7:00 am until 10:00 pm) before recharging at night. I would use the smartwatch for notifications, reply to Gmail and Kijiji, display always on, accept some phone calls, etc.

It appears the Ticwatch E's battery doesn't meet the advertised specifications. Not good.