Ticwatch E: Standalone GPS not working

Moderators: garrywadams, Chintannapster, Aathif Mahir, Sabertooth

no avatar
EjOjcar
Cash on hand: Locked

Re: Ticwatch E: Standalone GPS not working

Post by EjOjcar » Fri Mar 29, 2019 10:42 am

Hello,

The last update of the Mobvoi Fit app has solved the issue. Now it uses the standalone GPS, and it does fast!

Thanks!

no avatar
thomazlopes

Post by thomazlopes » Tue Apr 16, 2019 12:24 am

Hi

I tried everything! Nothing works!!!

What is the last update version? How can I check if mine is updated.

Please HELP!!!!! :(

no avatar
Doradus

Post by Doradus » Fri May 03, 2019 7:43 pm

I just bought this watch. I was excited about it. Love the look and feel. But the stand alone GPS on the watch does not work. That is extremely disappointing. I have tried everything. I have changed just about every setting imaginable in both WearOS and on the watch. I made sure I have the latest software downloaded to it (it made me do that as part of the setup). I have read this entire thread and tried everything suggested by other posters....still nothing seems to work. I am starting to think that anyone saying this is working for them on here is just someone from Mobvoi trying to save face that they are tricking consumers into thinking this watch has GPS when in reality it uses GPS from your phone via Bluetooth. I would LOVE to be wrong and the GPS actually work. I bought this device because I am working on an app designed to run on smartwatches (Apple and Wear). I have wasted an entire day trying to get this to work with it.....and it wont because of the GPS. Meanwhile, other Wear devices with GPS will. Really hoping it is a software issue and the consumers are not being mislead. Please, someone from Mobvoi tell me I am wrong and tell me how to resolve this. OR, hell, I will even be ok with a "It is a known issue and we are working to resolve it" reply. But the silence on this thread from Mobvoi is deafening.........

no avatar
Ryan_brown016

Post by Ryan_brown016 » Thu May 23, 2019 6:13 pm

mishlio wrote:
Tue Sep 11, 2018 1:09 pm
Hello everybody, i might have a solution on the GPS standalone getting a fix problem. I had disabled the fitness app from Mobvoi, because I have read somewhere, that it drains the smartwatch battery a lot..After trying some solutions for the problem, I enabled the Mobvoi fitness app, and tried to get a GPS fix with it...it worked !!! After that I was able to get a GPS fix from Google Fit, Maps etc. without a problem. So my advice to everyone, who has GPS problems with the Ticwatch E, try this solution, it may work for you too.
Just tried this and had GPS fix in about 60 secs so i advise people to try the same 👍

no avatar
Aurelie.guillemin

Post by Aurelie.guillemin » Mon Sep 23, 2019 8:42 pm

Hi all,
Thought I will share my experience as I have been struggling with this gps issue since months now and finally found a fix.
1. In settings/connectivity, location (from phone and watch) needs to be activated
2. Set the watch to airplane mode.
3. Launch the tic exercise and it will find the gps

no avatar
andrewcj

Post by andrewcj » Sat Nov 16, 2019 1:31 pm

Sorry but no. Tichealth (with or without updates) and airplane mode on (surely this would deactivate gps?) and off - doesn't fix the issue, on my watch at least. Gps just sits there searching endlessly.