Nickel Allergy / Contact Dermatitis to Ticwatch E Charging Electrodes

Moderators: garrywadams, Chintannapster, Aathif Mahir, Sabertooth

no avatar
jrcjer
Cash on hand: Locked

Nickel Allergy / Contact Dermatitis to Ticwatch E Charging Electrodes

Post by jrcjer » Sun Dec 03, 2017 5:02 am

I received my Ticwatch E at the start of this week and have been mostly pleased (although some functionality is limited for iPhones rather than Android, I figured as much would be true). However, today (~Day 3 of watch use) I noticed that I was starting to get a skin reaction on my arm essentially where the charging electrodes were coming into contact with my skin. I have a history of a nickel allergy (contact dermatitis), which did not cause any problems with the Ticwatch 2 because it charged wirelessly (and so did not have any exposed electrodes). I was wondering if anyone else had encountered this problem with the Ticwatch E (or presumably the Ticwatch S) and/or thought of any solutions. I would really like to use this watch, but unfortunately I don't think that will be possible if I cannot prevent the nodes from contacting or at least from irritating my skin.

Thanks!

no avatar
mike@mikesirois.com
Cash on hand: Locked

Re: Nickel Allergy / Contact Dermatitis to Ticwatch E Charging Electrodes

Post by mike@mikesirois.com » Tue Dec 17, 2019 6:32 pm

TicWatch Pro here. I have the same issue. The rash is small but persistent. I would love a solution. I am not aware of any allergies and had smart watches in the past that did not do this. I am coming close to the conclusion that it is always related to the charging pins. If this is the case, I am wondering if there is any current passing through these when not charging. Perhaps a firmware update can somehow address any residual current on these connectors? Can Mobvoi research this and provide a solution? I spent good money on this but cannot wear it but I think the watch does work well and I enjoyed the 3 weeks or so prior to developing this small rash.

A response from Mobvoi would be helpful.

Mike