Main screen swipe left/right

Moderators: garrywadams, Chintannapster, Aathif Mahir, Sabertooth

no avatar
Slugsie
Cash on hand: Locked

Main screen swipe left/right

Post by Slugsie » Tue Dec 05, 2017 4:49 pm

I was very happy with my Ticwatch 2, so I backed the campaign and got a Ticwatch S. For the most part I'm happy, but there is one feature I really miss. On the 2 you could swipe the main screen right to get to the assistant, and left to get to the app list. On the S both of these let me change watch faces. I really don't need the ability to do that as the main interaction with the screen, I'd like to bring back the functionality from the 2. Can this be done?

no avatar
markrocha

Re: Main screen swipe left/right

Post by markrocha » Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:21 pm

Hi there,

The TicWatch 2 used a custom version of Android called TicWear, which we engineered to have a different interface that included the ability to assign swipe actions. The Global variant of the TicWatch S/E runs stock Android 2.0 which does not feature these customisation options as of now. Hopefully a future upgrade from Google may include it.

In the meantime, you can consider using a third party app such as Wear Launcher to access your apps by swiping left. Hope this helps.

Regards,

Mark

no avatar
Johnny123

Post by Johnny123 » Wed Mar 20, 2019 3:24 pm

I also am having a similar issue. I had to factory reset my watch. Now it seems my left/right swipe from main screen does nothing but change the watch face. It used to go between my google assitant and weather. Then the left swipe would bring up fitness details. Was thos setting changed for tic watch pro?

no avatar
dmagicone

Post by dmagicone » Sat Nov 02, 2019 2:02 am

I'm having the same issue. I got a new phone and had to reset to link with the new phone. Now I no longer have swipe left or right for weather and assistant.

no avatar
dmagicone

Post by dmagicone » Sat Nov 02, 2019 2:14 am

*Update*
It seems after a reset you need to update your Wear OS app again.