Display settings no longer present

Moderators: garrywadams, Chintannapster, Aathif Mahir, Sabertooth

no avatar
mpboddie
Cash on hand: Locked

Display settings no longer present

Post by mpboddie » Sun Dec 10, 2017 1:30 am

Hello,

I have the ticwatch S and I usually turn on theater mode at night so it isn't too bright when sleeping. About 2 nights ago it stopped working. The button found on the brightness setting page just doesn't do anything. I've been checking android wear support and noticed that the display option under settings is completely gone. So that means I am missing a LOT of things that was there just a couple of days ago, such as the option of switching the screen to always on or not. I may be missing more settings options, but I don't know exactly what should be there.

I'm not sure if this is related but at about the same time the watch stopped vibrating when I palmed the screen to get it to go to the black and white mode.

Thanks

no avatar
samfong
Mobvoi Team

Re: Display settings no longer present

Post by samfong » Mon Dec 11, 2017 3:42 am

Hey,

Regarding "the display option under settings is completely gone":
Please provide us with a photo/video of the issue?

As for the lack of vibration when you cover the watch face, please go to Settings > sound & notification > Vibration pattern
You can change the strength of the vibration here to see if the watch vibrates. If not, it might be a hardware issue, and you can apply for a warranty claim here: http://support.mobvoi.com

no avatar
mpboddie

Post by mpboddie » Mon Dec 11, 2017 4:20 am

I think this is part of the problem. I have no "sound & notification" option under settings. I don't even know what else to look for to see if others are missing. If I go to settings on the watch, my only options are:

Accessibility
Adjust brightness
Font size
Media volume
Wi-Fi
Disconnect & reset
Power off
About

That is it, no display or sound & notification options.

no avatar
mpboddie

Post by mpboddie » Mon Dec 11, 2017 4:28 am

Taking screenshots doesn't seem to work either. I am trying to use the screenshot function of the android wear app but it says it requests it but nothing else happens. I'm emailing you pictures of the settings menu along with the brightness screen with the button I refer to that no longer works.

no avatar
sebsli1

Post by sebsli1 » Thu Jul 26, 2018 4:57 am

mpboddie wrote:
Mon Dec 11, 2017 4:20 am
I think this is part of the problem. I have no "sound & notification" option under settings. I don't even know what else to look for to see if others are missing. If I go to settings on the watch, my only options are:

Accessibility
Adjust brightness
Font size
Media volume
Wi-Fi
Disconnect & reset
Power off
About

That is it, no display or sound & notification options.
I have the same problem, what's solution?

no avatar
sevic

Post by sevic » Thu Sep 20, 2018 11:36 pm

Hello, sry for posting in an old thread but i'm having the same issue, its a real pain, i factory reseted the watch one time and it fixed the missing menus and no vibration when covering. But now a about a month later it's back to missing menus and stuff. I don't want to keep reseting it since i then have to config everything again, is there any solution? maybe OP got a response?

no avatar
sevic

Post by sevic » Thu Sep 20, 2018 11:49 pm

Hi, sry for replying to an old thread, but i'm having the same exact issue.

I made a factory reset and it was solved, but now a about a month later it happened again, it's a real pain if i have to reset it every few months and configure everything again.

Maybe op got any response or solution or someone at mobvoi can give me a hand, i would appreciate it.

Thanks

no avatar
julian.hagenbeck

Post by julian.hagenbeck » Sat Feb 29, 2020 1:22 am

Sorry for reviving this but I am now facing the same issue where a lot of menus disappeared and for example the turn off display option in the quick settings does no longer work. Further no way to restart the watch or change any display setting apart from brightness. All other options are gone

garrywadams
Bank: Locked

Post by garrywadams » Sun Mar 01, 2020 2:25 am

Julian,
Have you tried factory resetting the watch?

-garrywadams
Mobvoi Global Moderator