Bogenschutz

Re: Android Wear Oreo. *Final Update*

Post by Bogenschutz » Sat Jun 09, 2018 2:07 am

loskultos wrote:
Tue May 29, 2018 9:26 am
loskultos wrote:
Fri May 18, 2018 7:41 am
Thanks for the oreo update!

Since the update I have the problem that standalone GPS isn't working. So i get no GPS fix as long as the watch isn't connected to the phone via BT.

Will this issue be addressed?
Am I the only one with the GPS Problem?
I'm having the same problem for my Tic watch E. Standalone GPS isn't available. Disconnected from my phone the watch no longer finds my location, and in connectivity settings location only shows "from watch and phone". No option for only watch now. My build number is OWDR.180307.010, Wear OS 1.2.

Has standalone GPS been disabled? And if so why?

no avatar
theonlyrick

Post by theonlyrick » Sun Jun 10, 2018 10:43 pm

I wish the devs would give people the ability to will back the 'update'.

The only noticeable change when I updated is that the battery life became terrible.

I changed my Amazon review to 2 stars. Mobvoi replied to say I should carry out unrealistic battery-saving measures (eg put watch in flight mode). It was annoying because it was their update that caused my battery life to plummet, not the fact that I was suddenly checking the weather on my watch much more frequently.}

If enough people do it though, it might force them to listen.

no avatar
Rub

Post by Rub » Sun Jun 10, 2018 11:04 pm

Help I still have bluetooth problems after the android 8 update....
I resettled the phone and the watch no use at al, the bluetooth problem keeps continuing. And I always need 2 restard the watch 2 fix is for a while... This sucks!! Android 7 did have any trouble 8 does....
And the interface is indeed lagy after waking up... Also a android 8 thing....

no avatar
voidx

Post by voidx » Fri Jun 15, 2018 5:43 pm

I have same trouble like Rub. Connection is fuzzy 80% of time is working but not quite well ( overall slow reponse than previous version) and 20% is not working at all.
I am not happy with this watch. I would not recommend it :-(

no avatar
hipy-10

Post by hipy-10 » Mon Jun 18, 2018 2:03 pm

Hello it's been a while since the update to Android 8, the clock goes with lag, Google assistant or does not work the command by voice, and if you manage to make it work the command by voice has no audio output, the bluetooth does not It gives more than problems, it constantly disengages from the clock, I do not know how many factory reset, I tried all the possible configurations .... and there is no way, this clock is useless, do you have thought to correct the problems at some point? You do not answer any user posts, thanks

no avatar
Fir3lordZuk0

Post by Fir3lordZuk0 » Mon Jun 18, 2018 2:52 pm

From last couple of days I am facing weird problem.
When I connect watch to phone via Bluetooth the watch does not show that it's connected (icon is disabled and in settings also it shows disconnected).
However, my phone and wear os app on phone shows my watch is connected. I also get all notifications and calls BUT internet does not work. When I open playstore it says retry and never connects.

I have watch restarting, delete data of Google app, delete data of wear os app but no luck.

Any suggestions? I don't want to reset the watch, last time I had lot of troubles after reseting and I was unable to configure it with phone.

EDIT: it resolved after clearing phone cache from recovery

no avatar
jelennn

Post by jelennn » Tue Jul 03, 2018 5:13 pm

The watch after the update is terrible. A very large number of random reboots of the watch. A dozen restarts per week, for no reason. Producer doesn't improve anything ... When is the update that will make the watch work normally @Jamie? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?

no avatar
Fir3lordZuk0

Post by Fir3lordZuk0 » Sat Jul 07, 2018 7:07 am

Fir3lordZuk0 wrote:
Sat Jun 02, 2018 1:39 pm
Jamie wrote:
Mon May 28, 2018 3:18 am
Fir3lordZuk0 wrote:
Fri May 25, 2018 6:54 am

Thanks Jamie
Keep us posted. Any tentative date for fix?
This should be fixed with the latest update on the Google Play store.

Cheers
This is still not working properly. Moreover, the response is very very slow. The experience is no where close to android 7.1.1
Google assistant was my daily driver before Oreo update, now I can't even use it
This is still not working. Google assistant fails when trying to send voice messages. Moreover,it's not recognising the words correctly

no avatar
ChIP_83

Post by ChIP_83 » Tue Jul 10, 2018 4:28 pm

same problem for me, google assistant as not voice output... with oreo

no avatar
Fir3lordZuk0

Post by Fir3lordZuk0 » Wed Jul 11, 2018 3:11 am

Fir3lordZuk0 wrote:
Sat Jun 02, 2018 1:39 pm
Jamie wrote:
Mon May 28, 2018 3:18 am
Fir3lordZuk0 wrote:
Fri May 25, 2018 6:54 am

Thanks Jamie
Keep us posted. Any tentative date for fix?
This should be fixed with the latest update on the Google Play store.

Cheers
This is still not working properly. Moreover, the response is very very slow. The experience is no where close to android 7.1.1
Google assistant was my daily driver before Oreo update, now I can't even use it
Still not working, error appears after giving command to GA (something went wrong)