Touchscreen issues on the Ticwatch E

Here you will find news and events.

Moderators: Aathif Mahir, Chintannapster, Sabertooth

no avatar
Creeperfriend
Cash on hand: Locked

Post by Creeperfriend » Tue Mar 20, 2018 1:56 pm

I have had my Ticwatch E for about two weeks now and today, the touchscreen stopped working. I have tried rebooting the watch twice, but that did not change anything. Everything else seems to be working, I was able to access Google Assistant and reboot the watch by long-pressing the button. I suspect that the issue may be related to the outside temperature in Berlin at about -2°C, but I have been unable to confirm that. I would be grateful for any advice.

no avatar
bart.leenheer

Re: Touchscreen issues on the Ticwatch E

Post by bart.leenheer » Tue May 15, 2018 12:32 pm

Hi,

I'm currently experiencing the same issue, however I don't believe that it's the weather that's causing it. Since your post was made about 2 months ago, I believe that you've probably solved the issue and if so, I'd love to hear what fixed it for you.

Sincerely,

Bart Leenheer

no avatar
Nelsonv87

Post by Nelsonv87 » Sun Jul 08, 2018 7:44 pm

This is the same issue I just experienced for about two days. I just followed your steps and it cleared the issue. Thanks!

no avatar
dfcampuzano

Post by dfcampuzano » Thu Mar 28, 2019 8:51 pm

Wich are the steep?

Mobvoi
Site Admin

Post by Mobvoi » Wed Apr 24, 2019 3:08 am

Creeperfriend wrote:
Tue Mar 20, 2018 1:56 pm
I have had my Ticwatch E for about two weeks now and today, the touchscreen stopped working. I have tried rebooting the watch twice, but that did not change anything. Everything else seems to be working, I was able to access Google Assistant and reboot the watch by long-pressing the button. I suspect that the issue may be related to the outside temperature in Berlin at about -2°C, but I have been unable to confirm that. I would be grateful for any advice.

Hi Creeperfriend,

It is recommended to use the watch at a temperature between 5 C - 35 C and do not use the watch when the temperatures are -5 C or below and 45 C or higher. It will cause damage to watch if exceeding this temperature limit. Because the temperatures you are experiencing are right on the line of this limit, we would suggest you leave the watch indoor and not exposed, while simultaneously allowing the battery to completely drain. Then, recharge the watch to 100%, and see if the touchscreen issues persist.

Team Mobvoi

no avatar
RimBar

Post by RimBar » Sat May 18, 2019 1:24 pm

Hello...I recently purchased AP and right now its set to normal mode. Id like to switch it to touchscreen mode. Is there a way to do this?