Tic watch E Not updating weather and phone battery.

Moderators: markrocha, GordonHannan

no avatar
slowyata

Tic watch E Not updating weather and phone battery.

Post by slowyata » Wed May 16, 2018 1:11 pm

Hello, the last couple weeks i noticed that my watch faces no longer update weather, or phone battery percentage. I tried facer, watchmaker, and the preloaded watch faces that comes on the watch. It only updates to the current values when i either reload the watch face, or change it but then just stays like that. I updated the Tic watch E to 8.0 oreo to see if it fixes the issue to no avail. I have the watch paired to a Oneplus 5 running 8.1.0 oreo.

no avatar
charleswtucker

Re: Tic watch E Not updating weather and phone battery.

Post by charleswtucker » Sat May 19, 2018 2:23 pm

Under "Settings" > "Connectivity", do you still have "Location - From phone & watch" toggled "on"?

Is there the chance it was toggled "off" when using a new watch face app? I noticed for me that if I didn't have "GPS" on, the weather wouldn't update for me.

no avatar
slowyata

Post by slowyata » Tue May 22, 2018 5:15 pm

charleswtucker wrote:
Sat May 19, 2018 2:23 pm
Under "Settings" > "Connectivity", do you still have "Location - From phone & watch" toggled "on"?

Is there the chance it was toggled "off" when using a new watch face app? I noticed for me that if I didn't have "GPS" on, the weather wouldn't update for me.
Yeah i do have that setting enabled, I thought maybe the apps we're getting the correct permissions but they have full access so im not sure where else to look now.

no avatar
charleswtucker

Post by charleswtucker » Thu May 24, 2018 4:05 am

Wow, that sounds like a frustrating situation. I, too, have a OnePlus 5 running on Oreo 8.1, though I have a Ticwatch S. Shouldn't be an actual difference, though.

I know everyone hates to hear the obvious response of "Reset to Factory Settings, blah blah blah", but that might be what it takes. Should that not help, maybe requesting an exchange, or applying your warranty for a new Ticwatch E.

Apologies that I couldn't be more helpful.