Ticwatch E, Oreo, touchscreen swiping issues after a call

no avatar
MISSIL

Ticwatch E, Oreo, touchscreen swiping issues after a call

Post by MISSIL » Fri May 18, 2018 12:09 am

Hi everyone, I have a Ticwatch E that was upgraded to Oreo this morning. So far I'm blown away by the battery life. It has doubled. I have just over 60% left with 12 hours of decent usage ... and I would never get more than 14 hours before from 100 to 0. So that's great.

I have noticed one quirky issue though. After taking a call on the watch the touchscreen starts to lockup ... sort of. I can't swipe up (from the bottom to the top). This happens within the call after the screen goes black and I have to awaken it and it persists after the call is done. So checking notifications for example doesn't work. Unless I slide down first and then I can flick it up and get down to notifications or further into the Settings menu. A reboot fixes it and it seems to be fine until I take another call on the watch. Not a big issue for me, but something worth mentioning for a hopefully near-future fix.

Thanks

Chris

no avatar
Jamie
Mobvoi Team

Re: Ticwatch E, Oreo, touchscreen swiping issues after a call

Post by Jamie » Fri May 18, 2018 2:54 am

MISSIL wrote:
Fri May 18, 2018 12:09 am
Hi everyone, I have a Ticwatch E that was upgraded to Oreo this morning. So far I'm blown away by the battery life. It has doubled. I have just over 60% left with 12 hours of decent usage ... and I would never get more than 14 hours before from 100 to 0. So that's great.

I have noticed one quirky issue though. After taking a call on the watch the touchscreen starts to lockup ... sort of. I can't swipe up (from the bottom to the top). This happens within the call after the screen goes black and I have to awaken it and it persists after the call is done. So checking notifications for example doesn't work. Unless I slide down first and then I can flick it up and get down to notifications or further into the Settings menu. A reboot fixes it and it seems to be fine until I take another call on the watch. Not a big issue for me, but something worth mentioning for a hopefully near-future fix.

Thanks

Chris
Thank you for the feedback. I will pass it on to our engineers

Jamie