TicWatch E post Oreo update: Power button does not launch app drawer anymore!

Moderators: markrocha, GordonHannan

no avatar
joelchia1

TicWatch E post Oreo update: Power button does not launch app drawer anymore!

Post by joelchia1 » Mon May 21, 2018 5:22 am

So I just updated my TicWatch E to Oreo recently, Everything seems great, except the power button does not launch the app drawer anymore. Anyone else with similar problems/solutions for this problem? :)

no avatar
misplacedwilder

Re: TicWatch E post Oreo update: Power button does not launch app drawer anymore!

Post by misplacedwilder » Sun May 27, 2018 12:07 pm

I am having the same issue. It has gone on for several days, and I'm not sure it is related to the update for me (though, perhaps). The button seems to work, it performs its other functions. But nothing will launch the all drawer. Restarts and power offs do nada.

Fearful I'll need a replacement....

no avatar
TweekySenior

Re: TicWatch E post Oreo update: Power button does not launch app drawer anymore!

Post by TweekySenior » Mon Jun 04, 2018 10:17 am

I wouldn't know how to tell if the watch has been updated to Oreo but I have the same issue. The power button used to open the apps drawer and now it does not. Whats the update please Mobvoi?

no avatar
Jamie
Mobvoi Team

Post by Jamie » Tue Jun 05, 2018 3:13 am

TweekySenior wrote:
Mon Jun 04, 2018 10:17 am
I wouldn't know how to tell if the watch has been updated to Oreo but I have the same issue. The power button used to open the apps drawer and now it does not. Whats the update please Mobvoi?
Hi,

Swipe down from the home screen and you should see a settings button. Can you use it to reset your watch?

Let me know if that works for you.

Jamie

no avatar
TweekySenior

Post by TweekySenior » Thu Jun 07, 2018 12:41 pm

Hi Jamie, factory reset worked. So we can eliminate a hardware problem. But doesn't it suggest a fault was introduced with Oreo?

no avatar
daltz01

Post by daltz01 » Mon Jun 11, 2018 1:33 am

I found I am having the same issue. I reset my watch and it started working again for about a week, but has just stopped working again.

no avatar
daltz01

Post by daltz01 » Mon Jun 11, 2018 3:34 am

Hi there, I am also having this issue. I thought it was me at first, so I reset the watch, but after a week, the same thing has happened again. Anyone have any ideas? Unwilling to reset again and go through the set up required again.
Thanks