Re: Using Ticwatch E as remote control

Post by bionicmike » Tue May 29, 2018 2:56 am

Jamie wrote:
Mon May 28, 2018 2:35 am
bionicmike wrote:
Sun May 27, 2018 11:51 pm
Jamie wrote:
Sun May 27, 2018 4:49 pm

I use Spotify myself. That is strange... It should be able to control your music as such stop and play and forward. Even volume control is possible. As mentioned, try connecting via bluetooth and swipe up to go to the music control. Let me know if it works.

Jamie
Yeah, that's exactly what i tried with spotify. It doesn't work. It's connected to bluetooth and everything and I tried swiping up and it doesn't work.
This is direct from spotify support on Wear OS.

https://support.spotify.com/us/listen_e ... roid-wear/

Can you make sure your phone version is up to date and meets the requirements?

Jamie
My phone version is up to date and meets the requirements. It still doesn't work.

no avatar
JackyBee

Post by JackyBee » Sat Jun 09, 2018 8:45 pm

I have the exact same problem, the main reason I bought this watch is to control the music in my PT classes (as I am a PT teacher) and it. doesnt. work. When I swipe up there is only "no notifications".

no avatar
Jamie
Mobvoi Team

Post by Jamie » Tue Jun 12, 2018 4:18 am

JackyBee wrote:
Sat Jun 09, 2018 8:45 pm
I have the exact same problem, the main reason I bought this watch is to control the music in my PT classes (as I am a PT teacher) and it. doesnt. work. When I swipe up there is only "no notifications".
Ensure that you started playing something on Spotify. The option should pop up in notifications

no avatar
sidney

Re: Using Ticwatch E as remote control - spotify solution

Post by sidney » Thu Sep 27, 2018 6:07 pm

So if it's a Spotify issue only - I did all the factory reset stuff and that didn't seem to work.

However, I did reinstall Spotify on my phone as well and that seemed to have done the trick so I have full control again via the ticwatch over spotify at least.

Google Music was always slow and not very good.

I'm also using an S6 and can't get my Samsung Music to connect to the ticwatch for just playback control.

It just stopped working yesterday and suspect it might have something to do with the bluetooth connection to the ticwatch because of the recent Wear OS update if you look at the Google Play messages many people are having similar issues.

no avatar
ThatFluffyJello

Post by ThatFluffyJello » Thu Oct 04, 2018 12:53 am

I used Retro Music Player to play the music collection I own offline. Media controls work, even on the new 2.0 update. But it has to be connected through BT. I'm on a Redmi 5A.