Tichome battery dead after 6 months

Here you will find news and events.

Moderators: Aathif Mahir, Chintannapster, Sabertooth

no avatar
dfgalletta
Cash on hand: Locked

Tichome battery dead after 6 months

Post by dfgalletta » Mon Jun 11, 2018 3:54 pm

My Tichome was a Christmas present in 2017 and I have noticed significant reductions in charge life until now, when it won't fire up any longer. Is the battery replaceable in some way? I think tons of products no longer have replaceable batteries and we will be throwing away more and more perfectly good products with dead batteries! It's a shame.

no avatar
Jamie
Mobvoi Team

Re: Tichome battery dead after 6 months

Post by Jamie » Tue Jun 12, 2018 4:06 am

dfgalletta wrote:
Mon Jun 11, 2018 3:54 pm
My Tichome was a Christmas present in 2017 and I have noticed significant reductions in charge life until now, when it won't fire up any longer. Is the battery replaceable in some way? I think tons of products no longer have replaceable batteries and we will be throwing away more and more perfectly good products with dead batteries! It's a shame.
We have a 1 year warranty for the TicHome Mini. You can apply for it at http://support.ticwear.com.

I understand there is no option to choose for TicHome Mini. What I need you to do is select any of the TicWatch and write that you have an issue with the TicHome Mini and the staff will assist you.

Jamie

no avatar
gsanders

Post by gsanders » Tue May 07, 2019 5:50 am

I have a Tichome mini that is about 8 months old and the battery died also. I am finding this is a common issue. And of course Mobvoi conveniently isn’t taking care of under warranty as I don’t have the original purchase receipt.... even though I purchased it directly from Mobvoi under my user account. I am sure they have record but just a convenient excuse to not support a customer.

Would never recommend any products from Modvoi. Going for a JBL waterproof speaker to replace this garbage.

Mobvoi
Site Admin

Post by Mobvoi » Mon May 13, 2019 5:00 am

gsanders wrote:
Tue May 07, 2019 5:50 am
I have a Tichome mini that is about 8 months old and the battery died also. I am finding this is a common issue. And of course Mobvoi conveniently isn’t taking care of under warranty as I don’t have the original purchase receipt.... even though I purchased it directly from Mobvoi under my user account. I am sure they have record but just a convenient excuse to not support a customer.

Would never recommend any products from Modvoi. Going for a JBL waterproof speaker to replace this garbage.

Hi Gsanders,

Thanks for reaching out! We are sorry to hear that you have had such a frustrating experience with us, and we are happy to look into your order history to locate your proof of purchase. Please send our support team an email at support@mobvoi.com with the name or email address that is associated with this purchase. We can then happily assist you further from there. Thank you!

Team Mobvoi