TicWatch Pro not syncing heart rate data with Google Fit

Moderators: garrywadams, Chintannapster, Aathif Mahir, Sabertooth

no avatar
Fjkraft@gmail.com
Cash on hand: Locked

TicWatch Pro 4G not syncing heart rate data with Google Fit on watch app or phone app

Post by Fjkraft@gmail.com » Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:36 pm

Having issues syncing to Google Fit.
Today is August 14th at 3:33PM and latest heart rate data shows August 13th at 9:55PM on Ticwatch Pro 4g. Have had this issue with a couple days lag since I purchased the watch a couple of weeks ago,
When launching the Fit app on the watch, "Read heart rate" does not yield any results or update any data on either the watch or the app on the phone.

garrywadams
Bank: Locked

Re: TicWatch Pro not syncing heart rate data with Google Fit

Post by garrywadams » Thu Aug 15, 2019 12:08 am

Reading through the numerous replies on this topic it appears that you are set up properly.

Your setup should look like this:
24hr monitoring enabled from the watch (Open TicPulse app, swipe to the right, select "24 Hours Tracking")
Mobvoi app installed on your smartphone (https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... mpanion.aw)
Watch synced with Mobvoi app.
Data authorization enabled under account within Mobvoi app on your phone to sync with Google Fit. (If you haven't enabled this yet, see this thread: viewtopic.php?f=43&t=53562 )

I've seen pretty consistent results syncing my Heart Rate with my TicWatch Pro using the method above, and my new 4G also seems to be syncing regularly with Google Fit. It doesn't sync in realtime, so the results are sometimes delayed a couple of hours, but my heart rate is consistently updated when I check in Google Fit.

To be clear, Google Fit does not directly read your heart rate using this method. It is measured with the TicPulse app, and then synced via the Mobvoi app to Google Fit. I'll admit it isn't always clear how to get these apps talking, but hopefully that helps clear up some confusion for any who have not set it up yet.

-garrywadams
Mobvoi Global Moderator

no avatar
ancodia

Re: TicWatch Pro not syncing heart rate data with Google Fit

Post by ancodia » Thu Aug 15, 2019 7:09 pm

I was having this problem too, but only at work. I dug into it a bit and it seems that, for me, the phone was trying to access 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 using dns over tls which was blocked by the firewall. I enabled port 853 outbound and everything started working ok again. Not sure which app is the source (Google fit or Mobvoi) of dns query but it appears that the Google dns servers are hard coded and if the look up fails the data won't sync.