Ticwatch Pro won't charge

Moderators: Aathif Mahir, Chintannapster, Sabertooth

no avatar
Graza
Cash on hand: Locked

Ticwatch Pro won't charge

Post by Graza » Wed Feb 06, 2019 12:09 am

I've been very happy with my Ticwatch Pro since purchasing in November last year. Been charging every three days and it's been great. Attached it to the charger last night when it was low but not gone battery. This morning it was a brick. When I take it off the charging pad and wait a bit then put it back on it lights up with the lightning picture then that goes away after a few seconds. I've been trying different things from this forum and elsewhere on the internet on and off all day and it's becoming a drag. I've tried different chargers (for the same cable) including a computer USB port, I've tried the holding both buttons for 10 seconds etc.

I really can't think of anything other than sending it back to Amazon and trying to get a replacement...

no avatar
igorsantos07

Re: Ticwatch Pro won't charge

Post by igorsantos07 » Thu Mar 07, 2019 6:38 pm

Yet another customer with a faulty charger issue. I had the same problems, your charger is probably broken. You must use a low ampere charging adapter (or probably plug in your computer) to charge the watch. If you use a modern power adapter (1.5A+) your charger will quickly stop working properly and it will seem the watch is broken, but it's simply a lack of attention of Mobvoi on sending a proper charging adapter, or protecting the charger from higher amperages.

Check:
- https://www.reddit.com/r/TicwatchOffici ... _charging/
- https://www.reddit.com/r/WearOS/comment ... ger_issue/

no avatar
PB3

Post by PB3 » Sat Mar 09, 2019 7:59 am

I am running into the same scenario with my Ticwatch Pro. A real bummer!

no avatar
chshrkt

Post by chshrkt » Thu Mar 28, 2019 3:17 am

The first watch sent to me (it was a valentine's gift from my wife) did not even turn on, so we sent it back via Amazon's return policy.
For this second watch, it stopped charging 5 days after the 30 day return cut-off for Amazon.

I tried to fill out a support ticket, but I could not upload an image of my watch not charging, so I sent an email to Support, but have not heard back in two days.

Then today I successfully uploaded the image, but it is asking for the shipping information, assuming that I have already returned the watch to them. However, I do not have the shipping address.

Please, I love this watch, but I am getting pretty frustrated with the support process and lack of communication.

Mobvoi
Site Admin

Post by Mobvoi » Mon Apr 01, 2019 3:03 pm

Hey Chshrkt, Graza and PB3

We are sorry to hear about your experiences. We have submitted a ticket internally and are working with the product team to get a reply for you soon. I'll let you know about next steps soon!

Best,

M

no avatar
onimenogarou

Post by onimenogarou » Thu Apr 11, 2019 6:40 am

I am getting the same problem. I had the charger connected to a 5v 2A plug. My favorite WearOS watch won't charge...

Mobvoi
Site Admin

Post by Mobvoi » Tue Apr 16, 2019 10:14 am

onimenogarou wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2019 6:40 am
I am getting the same problem. I had the charger connected to a 5v 2A plug. My favorite WearOS watch won't charge...
Hi onimenogarou,

You may need to replace the charging dock.

Team Mobvoi

no avatar
Robertrand

Post by Robertrand » Tue Apr 16, 2019 11:59 pm

My wife bought me the ticwatch pro as a Christmas present and now the watch wont charge. I'm very disappointed. How do I resolve this?

no avatar
gerry1000

Post by gerry1000 » Tue Apr 23, 2019 1:51 pm

For all Ticwatch pro owner who have posted on this topic, from my own experience I know that you need to use a charger with a maximum 1 amp output. This is written on the underside of the charger cradle. Using a higher output charger renders the device useless after a few uses.

Suggestion to Ticwatch manufactures - make this fact clear to users with a clear message in the box when they purchase.

no avatar
jnl

Post by jnl » Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:46 am

My charging cradle died today after about 7 months of use. Obviously, this is a common problem. Does Mobvoi send a replacement charger when this problem occurs?