Ticwatch S2, text message notification

Moderators: Aathif Mahir, Chintannapster, Sabertooth

no avatar
ernurse3440
Cash on hand: Locked

Ticwatch S2, text message notification

Post by ernurse3440 » Mon Mar 11, 2019 4:16 pm

I ordered a Ticwatch S2 and received it yesterday. Everything seems to be working great, however, I am not receiving text message notifications. I have a Google Pixel 2XL phone which is connected to the watch. I receive email notifications (which I have disabled since no email is a matter of life or death), I also receive call notifications which is great! What I really want is the text notifications. I have Verizon for my provider. I use the Verizon Message+ app instead of the message app that came on the phone. Could this be the problem? Please advise. I have done internet searches and I cannot seem to find any direction. Thank you in advance for any help that can be provided.

Angela

no avatar
Henrynow

Ticwatch S2 text message notification

Post by Henrynow » Sat Mar 23, 2019 10:54 am

I really would appreciate any info...I want to block text messages to my land line, any ideas sensible ones would be great

no avatar
bmh94

Re: Ticwatch S2, text message notification

Post by bmh94 » Thu Apr 04, 2019 11:55 am

Hi, @ernurse3440,

Did you try to go in WearOS apps, then Parameters / Notification and change the status of your Verizon Message+ ?
If yes, have a check on your phone parameters Apps and Notifications, in the notification section you may also have some settings for Verizon Message+.

Just an idea, to help...
Regards,
Baptiste

Mobvoi
Site Admin

Re: Ticwatch S2, text message notification

Post by Mobvoi » Thu Apr 25, 2019 5:10 am

ernurse3440 wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 4:16 pm
I ordered a Ticwatch S2 and received it yesterday. Everything seems to be working great, however, I am not receiving text message notifications. I have a Google Pixel 2XL phone which is connected to the watch. I receive email notifications (which I have disabled since no email is a matter of life or death), I also receive call notifications which is great! What I really want is the text notifications. I have Verizon for my provider. I use the Verizon Message+ app instead of the message app that came on the phone. Could this be the problem? Please advise. I have done internet searches and I cannot seem to find any direction. Thank you in advance for any help that can be provided.

Angela
Hi Ernurse3440,

Verizon Message+ app is not compatible with Wear OS to show notifications.

Team Mobvoi