Ticwatch S2, text message notification

Moderators: Aathif Mahir, Chintannapster, Sabertooth

no avatar
ernurse3440
Cash on hand: Locked

Ticwatch S2, text message notification

Post by ernurse3440 » Mon Mar 11, 2019 4:17 pm

I ordered a Ticwatch S2 and received it yesterday. Everything seems to be working great, however, I am not receiving text message notifications. I have a Google Pixel 2XL phone which is connected to the watch. I receive email notifications (which I have disabled since no email is a matter of life or death), I also receive call notifications which is great! What I really want is the text notifications. I have Verizon for my provider. I use the Verizon Message+ app instead of the message app that came on the phone. Could this be the problem? Please advise. I have done internet searches and I cannot seem to find any direction. Thank you in advance for any help that can be provided.

Angela

no avatar
Henrynow

Ticwatch S2 text message notification

Post by Henrynow » Thu Mar 21, 2019 8:57 am

I really would appreciate any info...I want to block text messages to my land line, any ideas sensible ones would be great

no avatar
RimBar

Ticwatch S2 text message notification

Post by RimBar » Tue May 21, 2019 3:04 pm

Hi,

Is it possible to notify the postmaster account instead of the mailbox owner with the quota notification message not the original mail?

no avatar
Lowcarb

Re: Ticwatch S2, text message notification

Post by Lowcarb » Fri May 31, 2019 5:53 pm

I have the same issue. Gust got an S2 delivered yesterday.
Now I see this issue all over the internet too.
Since support doesn't even respond to the OP's issue I guess I will be returning my watch.

Greatly disappointed

Aathif Mahir
Bank: Locked

Post by Aathif Mahir » Fri May 31, 2019 6:00 pm

Hi Guys,

We have addressed this issue to our engineers and waiting for feedback from them. We'll get back to you'll as soon as we received the feedback from our engineers.

Aathif Mahir
Mobvoi Global Moderator

no avatar
Lowcarb

Post by Lowcarb » Fri May 31, 2019 6:47 pm

Ok, nice but this is a significant feature I need in a smart watch.

I've reset it and tried connecting it to a different phone. Same result.

I followed this potential fix.
Try disconnecting the watch and forget the Bluetooth connection on your phone. Uninstall the Wear OS app on your phone. Reset your watch to factory settings via Settings > System > Disconnect & reset. Restart your phone and reinstall the Wear OS app and then set up the connection afresh. Same result

I've found this issue on Reddit as early as 5 months ago (various models of ticwatch) . So unfortunately I'll have to return it during my 30 day window instead of hoping for a possible fix some time in the future.

Aathif Mahir
Bank: Locked

Post by Aathif Mahir » Tue Jun 04, 2019 10:45 am

ernurse3440 wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 4:17 pm
I ordered a Ticwatch S2 and received it yesterday. Everything seems to be working great, however, I am not receiving text message notifications. I have a Google Pixel 2XL phone which is connected to the watch. I receive email notifications (which I have disabled since no email is a matter of life or death), I also receive call notifications which is great! What I really want is the text notifications. I have Verizon for my provider. I use the Verizon Message+ app instead of the message app that came on the phone. Could this be the problem? Please advise. I have done internet searches and I cannot seem to find any direction. Thank you in advance for any help that can be provided.

Angela
Hi ernurse,

The Verizon Message+ app is not currently compatible with Wear OS devices. In order to receive notifications for text messaging, the default texting app for your phone can be used.

Aathif Mahir
Mobvoi Global Moderator

no avatar
Lowcarb

Post by Lowcarb » Wed Jun 05, 2019 1:54 am

I've tried using the Verison Message+, the stock android Messages and also the google Mesages apps.
None of them sent notification to the S2 TicWatch . At least some of these did send the message, but there was no notification or vibration. I had to manually navigate to messages to see if there was a message.
I tried this on both a Pixel2 and a Samsung S7Plus.

All 3 of these message apps would send message notification to a Pebble watch.

no avatar
Lowcarb

Post by Lowcarb » Wed Jun 12, 2019 2:08 am

I'm happy to report that I was eventually able to get the Text Message notifications to work.
I'm not 100% sure which change I made accomplished the fix
  • reset the watch
    disabled Verizon Message+
    download and set as default regular message
    I also downloaded the google message app but did not select it as default
    reinitialize the phone
I had done all of the above without effect before but perhaps not in the same order.

Never the less I need more batter life that I am getting from the S2 so I'm returning it and ordering the Pro model.