Ticwear Global 4.14.1_intl (works with Pie/9.0 Caller ID Is Back)

Moderators: Aathif Mahir, Chintannapster, Sabertooth

no avatar
walkerc79
Cash on hand: Locked

Ticwear Global 4.14.1_intl (works with Pie/9.0 Caller ID Is Back)

Post by walkerc79 » Tue May 07, 2019 10:18 am

I know all lost the Caller ID when their phone got upgraded to Andriod Pie (9.0)
I even contacted support and was told they wouldn’t release and updated version, so just got over the fact that caller id didn’t work anymore..

Today, My phone happened to have done a Android update, and i happened to notice that play store had updated the Ticwear Global App,
I thought this can’t be... and sure enough the app is quite a lot different now, not really played with the differences but the most obvious thought was since the release is listed as (BUG FIXES! )
did the caller ID work, and sure enough it did! caller ID returned. not sure if anything is broken and the watch certainly hasn’t done any updates (Yet!)

but Mobvoi ,
Thank you, I appreciate the fact your rescinded, and have indeed fixed this problem.. very noble…
Attachments
Screenshot_20190507_110554_com.mobvoi.companion.global.jpg
Screenshot_20190507_110554_com.mobvoi.companion.global.jpg (236.09 KiB) Viewed 123 times
1Screenshot_20190507_110609_com.mobvoi.companion.global.jpg
1Screenshot_20190507_110609_com.mobvoi.companion.global.jpg (196.88 KiB) Viewed 123 times

no avatar
walkerc79

Re: Ticwear Global 4.14.1_intl (works with Pie/9.0 Caller ID Is Back)

Post by walkerc79 » Wed May 15, 2019 4:31 pm

After living with the App for a week, sadly it does have issues.
to start with the app/watch had on the previous app, the ID option set(developermode) that allowed me to install apps on the watch that i wanted too.
I don’t know were the option is in the new App if at all. And tbh thats fine as i wouldn’t install anything now, but there was lots of stuff left on my Watch that i couldn’t removed after the app updated...
that aside, there appeared to be real connectivity issues with the watch after the update, until eventually I was forced to factory reset the watch. i also uninstalled the app and reinstalled from scratch.
after both of these i was able to actually restore the backup that had been taken from the night before, which worked really well!
The watch and the app are much more stable now.

there are still connection issues on ocation though,
sometimes when swiping to right now (for Tico) if I dictate a message I receive bad network.. (not always, and if i do, i can open my phone close the ticwear app and relaunch and this normally resolves the issue!)

sometime when i receive a call the ticwear app crashes, so the watch doesn’t even show anything now.. (that was better when it displayed unkhown call! :D )

the run keeper integration (does still work!, i read reports on google play, saying it didnt!, however after its authorised it still looks as though its not.) pressing the authorise button again, makes me login again, so it could be confused when my data is making it to runkeeper!

under health center,
when looking at an event (run, for example)
using the share button top right, causes the app to crash and restart.

You’ve come this far lets make it work correctly!

no avatar
walkerc79

Post by walkerc79 » Thu May 16, 2019 10:15 am

16th May update - Updated App again! yay!
4.14.2_Intl is on Google Play.

from the list below the share issue is resolved! (appears to work after immediate upgrade)
the logins to Data authorization still shows authorise (even though its authorised though)
also using the Google Login button (reports 403 disallowed_useragent, it did this also on 4.14.1_intl)
the work around is to input the details manually.

on my quick tests when a call is received it doesn’t seem to crash the app any longer and the watch displays the details,

Broken : if i reject the call the phone carry’s on ringing though...
answering the call does however work as expected..

Broken : (tico swipe to right) worked once on the brief tests, but however returns Chinese! only with no English and the speaking is now Chinese also!

Broken: Voice notes now also record everything in Chinese!
however the sync does now appear to work, which didn’t in 4.14.1_intl

Broken! : Weather didn’t speak at all when trying to get this to read out the weather!

from a stability point will update in a few days!

in the meantime your making great progress on this. and even given the app the new look and feel!
Keep up the work…

no avatar
walkerc79

Post by walkerc79 » Thu May 16, 2019 6:26 pm

Broken! : Weather didn’t speak at all when trying to get this to read out the weather!

Turns out I was wrong it does read the weather I take that one back..

Others as stands