Google Pay doesn't work

Moderators: Aathif Mahir, Chintannapster, Sabertooth

no avatar
AlexS
Cash on hand: Locked

Google Pay doesn't work

Post by AlexS » Thu Jun 06, 2019 10:01 am

I've got the TicWatch yesterday, and after all the setup , WearOS updated to 2.6 H , System updated, I set up Google Pay. Everything goes OK, , Google confirmed the card was added, when I double click the button I see a picture of my credit card with the message "Hold to reader".
However, when I tried to use it this morning, both on the bus and on the tube, all I got was a beep and a red light. Later I tried on a supermarket self-checkout, and in this case it didn't even sensed the watch, no result at all. In the end I had to pay tube and supermarket with my phone, as I usually do.
Google Pay was one of the main reasons I purchased the TicWatch Pro, any idea what can I do to make it work?

Aathif Mahir
Bank: Locked

Re: Google Pay doesn't work

Post by Aathif Mahir » Thu Jun 06, 2019 5:58 pm

AlexS wrote:
Thu Jun 06, 2019 10:01 am
I've got the TicWatch yesterday, and after all the setup , WearOS updated to 2.6 H , System updated, I set up Google Pay. Everything goes OK, , Google confirmed the card was added, when I double click the button I see a picture of my credit card with the message "Hold to reader".
However, when I tried to use it this morning, both on the bus and on the tube, all I got was a beep and a red light. Later I tried on a supermarket self-checkout, and in this case it didn't even sensed the watch, no result at all. In the end I had to pay tube and supermarket with my phone, as I usually do.
Google Pay was one of the main reasons I purchased the TicWatch Pro, any idea what can I do to make it work?
Hi Alexs,

Really sorry for the Inconvenience caused by our product, Do these following steps

1. Make sure NFC is Turned ON
2. Settings - App and Notifications - App Info - Search for Google Pay app in the App Info or System apps - Clear cache and data

Aathif Mahir
Mobvoi Global Moderator

no avatar
AlexS

Post by AlexS » Fri Jun 07, 2019 9:57 am

Thanks for your reply. I tried what you said, but still doesn't work.
I'm going to return this watch, as it is not the premium watch the advertising says it is.
Apart for Google Pay not working, it's slow and lagging, it doesn't count steps or heart rate unless I agree to share this data with who knows who, and battery life is not that great either.

Aathif Mahir
Bank: Locked

Post by Aathif Mahir » Tue Jun 11, 2019 2:30 am

AlexS wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2019 9:57 am
Thanks for your reply. I tried what you said, but still doesn't work.
I'm going to return this watch, as it is not the premium watch the advertising says it is.
Apart for Google Pay not working, it's slow and lagging, it doesn't count steps or heart rate unless I agree to share this data with who knows who, and battery life is not that great either.
Hi AlexS,

Basically you need to confirm that your need to be located at Australia, Canada, France, Germany, Italy, Poland, Russia, Spain, UK, or US. If your outside of these countries, Google Pay may not work well.

Aathif Mahir
Mobvoi Global Moderator

no avatar
AlexS

Post by AlexS » Thu Jun 13, 2019 3:13 pm

Yes, I'm in the UK, I use Google Pay everyday with my phone.
Anyway, I returned the watch already.