Ticwatch E randomly dying

Moderators: garrywadams, Chintannapster, Aathif Mahir, Sabertooth

no avatar
tompfeifle@gmail.com
Cash on hand: Locked

Post by tompfeifle@gmail.com » Tue Jun 25, 2019 4:56 pm

Hello,

I've had a rather annoying problem the last week or two. My ticwatch E, bought around november 2017, is charging ok. But the watch dies when the battery is somewhere between 40 & 60%. And it won't turn on until I connect it to the charger. Then it turns back on and I can see the battery is nowhere near empty. It stays on for a little while but dies again shortly after. It only lasts for a couple hours at most at the moment.

I've haven't changed anything lately, not installed anything, maybe an automatic update but I am not sure about that. I've tried resetting it, but it still doesn't work correctly.

Anybody have this problem or know anymore about it? Thanks!

no avatar
Shar_com

Re: Ticwatch E randomly dying

Post by Shar_com » Mon Jul 01, 2019 8:15 am

same problem. My watch charges 4-6 hours. up to 100%.

no avatar
TicWatch69

Post by TicWatch69 » Thu Jul 04, 2019 12:39 pm

Hello,
I had the same issue. I would wake up with the watch saying it had ~60% battery life left so I would go to the gym thinking I could charge it at work afterwards. Unfortunately, it would completely die within the hour while I was working out. This would be the main reason I returned the E but I hope that you find a solution. Good luck!

no avatar
LorettaCit

Post by LorettaCit » Mon Aug 19, 2019 2:25 pm

I havent changed any of my hardware since Ive had this system before though. Not added or removed anything, had this system for about 1 year now and its only been happening the last few weeks.... Could that still be a powersupply issue? I duno what to do

Sabertooth
Bank: Locked

Post by Sabertooth » Mon Aug 19, 2019 4:17 pm

LorettaCit wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 2:25 pm
I havent changed any of my hardware since Ive had this system before though. Not added or removed anything, had this system for about 1 year now and its only been happening the last few weeks.... Could that still be a powersupply issue? I duno what to do
Greetings LorettaCit!

Can you use a watch face that shows the battery level and see if the battery is not getting charged fully or if it is running down from a full charge quickly or if it charges very slowly? You should see the battery charging circle face when the watch is started charging. Do you? If you tap the watch face while it is charging you can see the charging circle at points during the charging. Is it charging? Is the charging going very slow? Also, if possible try a different charger to eliminate that possibility.

Issues with the Ticwatch E charging cradle are fairly uncommon. Once you observe what's happening, please let me know and I can better say whether a new charger cradle may correct your issue.

Sabertooth
Mobvoi Global Moderator