Gesture for going into menus

Moderators: Chintannapster, Aathif Mahir, Sabertooth

no avatar
Pranav Dhruve
Cash on hand: Locked

Gesture for going into menus

Post by Pranav Dhruve » Fri Jun 28, 2019 6:04 am

As per the wear os pages and guides. We should be able to enter the menus and perform actions on notification with specific gesture but ticwatch E is not responding to the same. Please check why that feature is not available in tichwatch E

The gesture is as mentioned below as per the google support team:

The gestures below are only available with watches running Android Wear 1.4.0 and above. Learn how to check your watch’s version here.

To open the apps menu
When on the main watch screen, hold your arm in front of you and quickly push down, and bring it back normally to the original position.

To open the settings menu
When on the main watch screen, slowly turn wrist away from you, then quickly flick back towards you.

Sabertooth
Cash on hand: Locked
Bank: Locked

Re: Gesture for going into menus

Post by Sabertooth » Fri Jun 28, 2019 12:33 pm

Greetings Pranav Dhruve!

I have a Ticwatch E myself and can say that the settings menu gesture does work. You need to hold your arm in front of you as though you were reading the watch and rotate your wrist away from yourself then snap back to the reading position will cause the menu to appear. (Edit: the watch must be showing the display not sleeping) The opposite gesture opens the notifications. It may take a little practice to get it to work all the time.

I'm not sure what they're saying the gesture actually is in the first one you mentioned (is it the notifications gesture?) so I can't comment there but I would guess that probably works too.

Edit: Here's a YouTube video that explains it fairly well: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0WhKuklpQ9A

Sabertooth
Mobvoi Global Moderator.