Just Got My TicWatch Pro 4g LTE

Moderators: Chintannapster, Aathif Mahir, Sabertooth

no avatar
TicWatch69
Cash on hand: Locked

Just Got My TicWatch Pro 4g LTE

Post by TicWatch69 » Fri Jul 12, 2019 2:26 pm

Just wanted to let everyone know that I got the new smartwatch and am going thru the learning process. I have no major complaints yet: it looks nice, does not have any irritating lag and has all the features I want. Too soon to speak on battery life or anything but as an early adopter I wanted to share my thoughts and answer any questions you might have.

Thanks!

no avatar
joxer
Bank: Locked

Re: Just Got My TicWatch Pro 4g LTE

Post by joxer » Fri Jul 12, 2019 4:26 pm

what about google assistant ?? does it work faster, without a lag ?? and do the other applications open faster ??

no avatar
TicWatch69

Post by TicWatch69 » Sat Jul 13, 2019 11:19 am

Hello,
I did not have the original Pro so I cannot say whether or not it is faster but the watch itself is pretty snappy: I can move around screens and open most apps without issue. Sometimes it takes a second to open an app like the Play Store or Messages but nothing too infuriating like on some older phones I used to have with 1 GB of RAM.

The Assistant is a bit inconsistent. Most of the time there can be some lag (especially when it is trying to understand what you are saying) but works. This video gives an accurate representation of most of my experience: https://youtu.be/xQFskacnXT8?t=286

The main issue I have had so far with the Assistant might be more of a Wear OS thing than Mobvoi: sometimes I will ask it a question & it will respond with "Here You Go" but there will be no further information. I tried the same question on my Google Pixel 3 XL and not only did the assistant respond faster, it also displayed the answer. Of course that phone has much higher specs & costs 4 times as much so that might not be a fair comparison.

So that watch in general does not have lag issues but the Assistant definitely needs some work. It works OK most of the time but you will experience some hiccups.

no avatar
clubtech

Post by clubtech » Sat Jul 13, 2019 6:55 pm

Can you try to make or take a call with the watch and see if the other person hears themselves (i.e. echo)?
I'm having this issue on my watch rendering this feature unusable.

no avatar
joxer
Bank: Locked

Post by joxer » Sat Jul 13, 2019 7:34 pm

can you check if there is lag in recivig call notifications

no avatar
TicWatch69

Post by TicWatch69 » Sun Jul 14, 2019 3:18 pm

So I bought 2 of these, and we tried both: neither had an echo issue and there was a slight lag when receiving a call. The phone would start to vibrate and then a second later the watch would vibrate. Seems reasonable that it would take a second to go from the phone to the watch but it is not so much of a lag that you will miss the call or anything.

no avatar
clubtech

Post by clubtech » Sun Jul 14, 2019 7:03 pm

Thanks for the updating the post with your findings.
I just tested again, the phone is connected via Bluetooth to the Pixel 3 XL and each time i take the call on the watch, the other side can hear themselves.
There is a whole thread about this here: viewtopic.php?f=43&t=53648&hilit=echo&s ... 978613c942

Which phone and carrier are you using the watch with? I'm thinking if this is related to either the phone or the carrier.
Interesting though that my Samsung watch does not have this echo issue with the same phone.

no avatar
TicWatch69

Post by TicWatch69 » Sun Jul 14, 2019 11:52 pm

I am using T-Mobile and they are connected to a Pixel 3 XL & Sony Xperia XZ3. We called each other and neither had the echo.

Good luck!

no avatar
snwahs

Post by snwahs » Thu Jul 18, 2019 10:05 pm

TicWatch69 wrote:
Sun Jul 14, 2019 11:52 pm
I am using T-Mobile and they are connected to a Pixel 3 XL & Sony Xperia XZ3. We called each other and neither had the echo.

Good luck!
Did you activate your watch using Tmobile service or connected by BT to your phone?

no avatar
TicWatch69

Post by TicWatch69 » Fri Jul 19, 2019 12:53 pm

It is only connected to my phone via BlueTooth. The TicWatch Pro 4G LTE currently will not work on T-Mobile - only Verizon.

As a quick update, the battery life has gradually gotten better over time. Right now I can get 1.5 days out of a full charge. I bought another for someone else who gets a lot less notifications than I do & they get 2 full days.