Why don't you use the Snapdragon 3100?

Moderators: garrywadams, Chintannapster, Aathif Mahir, Sabertooth

no avatar
RaianStar
Cash on hand: Locked

Why don't you use the Snapdragon 3100?

Post by RaianStar » Sat Jul 13, 2019 10:21 am

Hi Mobvoi & hi Forum,

Qualcomm released the Snapdragon (SD) 3100 processor in September 2018. The 3100 is essentially the SD 2100 with a small, secondary processor, which handles low power activities.

The marketed benefit being that you don't need to draw loads of power for mundane tasks like showing a ticking seconds hand.

As far as I'm aware, even the new revamped TW Pro LTE (looking great by the way) features the same SD 2100 as the rest of your lineup.

My question is this: how come you're not leveraging the benefits of this new chipset to squeeze out better battery life (or more functionality for the advertised battery life) from your products?

Aathif Mahir
Cash on hand: Locked
Bank: Locked

Re: Why don't you use the Snapdragon 3100?

Post by Aathif Mahir » Sun Jul 14, 2019 12:34 pm

RaianStar wrote:
Sat Jul 13, 2019 10:21 am
Hi Mobvoi & hi Forum,

Qualcomm released the Snapdragon (SD) 3100 processor in September 2018. The 3100 is essentially the SD 2100 with a small, secondary processor, which handles low power activities.

The marketed benefit being that you don't need to draw loads of power for mundane tasks like showing a ticking seconds hand.

As far as I'm aware, even the new revamped TW Pro LTE (looking great by the way) features the same SD 2100 as the rest of your lineup.

My question is this: how come you're not leveraging the benefits of this new chipset to squeeze out better battery life (or more functionality for the advertised battery life) from your products?
Hi RaianStar,

We’ve make some optimizations on TicWatch Pro even it’s 2100. But the performance is the somehow the same with 3100.

Aathif Mahir
Mobvoi Global Moderator