Debugging on Ticwatch S2

Moderators: garrywadams, Chintannapster, Aathif Mahir, Sabertooth

no avatar
Patti4832
Cash on hand: Locked

Debugging on Ticwatch S2

Post by Patti4832 » Wed Jul 17, 2019 1:56 pm

Hello,
I have bought a Ticwatch S2 a few days ago. Now I want to debug some apps I made for Wear OS, but it seems ADB isn't working correctly. I always get the message "unauthorized" under "adb devices". I never saw the adb request on my watch. Do I have to use a USB dock or is it not possible to develop apps with this watch?

Sabertooth
Cash on hand: Locked
Bank: Locked

Re: Debugging on Ticwatch S2

Post by Sabertooth » Thu Jul 18, 2019 1:54 pm

Patti4832 wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 1:56 pm
Hello,
I have bought a Ticwatch S2 a few days ago. Now I want to debug some apps I made for Wear OS, but it seems ADB isn't working correctly. I always get the message "unauthorized" under "adb devices". I never saw the adb request on my watch. Do I have to use a USB dock or is it not possible to develop apps with this watch?
Greetings Patti4832!

Sorry for the delay, Development is a bit out of my wheel house so I had to get a response from Engineers in China which can result in some delays due to the time zone differences.

I received this message regarding your issue:

The watch's charging cable can be used for USB debugging. First make sure that he has turned on the ADB debug switch in the developer options. Secondly, run: 'adb devices' first, then if the prompt is not authorized, please unplug and plug in the watch once and then retry the: 'adb devices'. At this time, the authorization prompt should pop up on the watch. If it still doesn't work, please restart the watch and try again.

End message

Sabertooth
Mobvoi Global Moderator