Ticwatch won't reconnect to Wifi

Moderators: garrywadams, Chintannapster, Aathif Mahir, Sabertooth

no avatar
heavyarmz
Cash on hand: Locked

Ticwatch won't reconnect to Wifi

Post by heavyarmz » Thu Aug 01, 2019 7:03 pm

Hi all,
I just got my Ticwatch E a week ago. At home, my watch/phone are connected to my Wifi network. But if I leave the house, and come back, the Ticwatch won't reconnect to my home Wifi automatically. I'll be back home over an hour, then I notice the no-cloud symbol on my watch. To get it to reconnect, I have to go to Wifi Options, and then it will automatically connect to my home network (the "last" network) without me needing to select it. Note: At the top on the Wifi options page, it says "Wi-Fi automatic".

But shouldn't the watch automatically connect to my Wifi network when I get home? Do I have a defective watch? I've tried restarting my phone and my watch, but the behaviour continues. Wear OS app seems to be up-to-date on my phone. Watch says it's "up to date".

Thanks in advance!

Aathif Mahir
Cash on hand: Locked
Bank: Locked

Re: Ticwatch won't reconnect to Wifi

Post by Aathif Mahir » Sat Aug 03, 2019 2:03 pm

heavyarmz wrote:
Thu Aug 01, 2019 7:03 pm
Hi all,
I just got my Ticwatch E a week ago. At home, my watch/phone are connected to my Wifi network. But if I leave the house, and come back, the Ticwatch won't reconnect to my home Wifi automatically. I'll be back home over an hour, then I notice the no-cloud symbol on my watch. To get it to reconnect, I have to go to Wifi Options, and then it will automatically connect to my home network (the "last" network) without me needing to select it. Note: At the top on the Wifi options page, it says "Wi-Fi automatic".

But shouldn't the watch automatically connect to my Wifi network when I get home? Do I have a defective watch? I've tried restarting my phone and my watch, but the behaviour continues. Wear OS app seems to be up-to-date on my phone. Watch says it's "up to date".

Thanks in advance!
Hi heavyarmz,

Ticwatch's automatically disconnects wifi when the watch in standby to reduce the battery drain, If there's any activities detected the Ticwatch reconnect to specific wifi network again and moreover if your ticwatch connected to smartphone that has access to internet then ticwatch would use your smartphones internet instead of wifi to reduce the battery drain.

Aathif Mahir
Mobvoi Global Moderator