Suggestion to Mobvoi for Call Notification

Moderators: garrywadams, Chintannapster, Aathif Mahir, Sabertooth

Post Reply
no avatar
Alahdal
Posts: 6
Joined: Mon Jul 29, 2019 7:12 pm
Cash on hand: Locked

Suggestion to Mobvoi for Call Notification

Post by Alahdal » Fri Aug 09, 2019 3:43 pm

I think one of the reasons for the call notification lag is the switch between the essential screen and the smart screen.

Is it possible to develop and application which should show Incoming Calls as well as other notifications in the essential screen without switching or turning the smart screen?

This would be an awesome upgrade.

User avatar
Aathif Mahir
Posts: 276
Joined: Mon Apr 22, 2019 12:08 pm
Cash on hand: Locked
Bank: Locked

Re: Suggestion to Mobvoi for Call Notification

Post by Aathif Mahir » Sun Aug 11, 2019 9:56 am

Alahdal wrote:
Fri Aug 09, 2019 3:43 pm
I think one of the reasons for the call notification lag is the switch between the essential screen and the smart screen.

Is it possible to develop and application which should show Incoming Calls as well as other notifications in the essential screen without switching or turning the smart screen?

This would be an awesome upgrade.
Hi Alahdal,

Thanks for the feedback, I'll share this as a feature request with our product team.

Aathif Mahir
Mobvoi Global Moderator

no avatar
joxer
Posts: 24
Joined: Sat Jun 22, 2019 12:53 pm
Cash on hand: Locked
Bank: Locked

Re: Suggestion to Mobvoi for Call Notification

Post by joxer » Sun Aug 11, 2019 11:39 am

you can also have your watch in smart mode all day on, turning on lcd takes about 1~2 sec and I think that they can not change lcd screen

I think the biggest issue is turning on app which shows who is calling, if i'm correct this app is phone, and it takes about 3~4 sec to turn it on

if this app would be always on in the background, then the lag would be minimal, but it would take up some watch memory

no avatar
Wegas
Posts: 10
Joined: Fri Aug 02, 2019 7:27 am
Cash on hand: Locked
Bank: Locked

Re: Suggestion to Mobvoi for Call Notification

Post by Wegas » Mon Aug 12, 2019 12:50 pm

joxer wrote:
Sun Aug 11, 2019 11:39 am
you can also have your watch in smart mode all day on, turning on lcd takes about 1~2 sec and I think that they can not change lcd screen

I think the biggest issue is turning on app which shows who is calling, if i'm correct this app is phone, and it takes about 3~4 sec to turn it on

if this app would be always on in the background, then the lag would be minimal, but it would take up some watch memory
Completely agree with you, developer should take a time to adjust Phone app for best performance. Currently it takes a much time to open app. Probably yes, the best way to keep it always in background.
Also I've noticed, if I'm stop and disable app "Ambient Mode" then watch start working better it also applies to incoming call notifications,

User avatar
Aathif Mahir
Posts: 276
Joined: Mon Apr 22, 2019 12:08 pm
Cash on hand: Locked
Bank: Locked

Re: Suggestion to Mobvoi for Call Notification

Post by Aathif Mahir » Sat Aug 17, 2019 3:45 pm

Wegas wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 12:50 pm
joxer wrote:
Sun Aug 11, 2019 11:39 am
you can also have your watch in smart mode all day on, turning on lcd takes about 1~2 sec and I think that they can not change lcd screen

I think the biggest issue is turning on app which shows who is calling, if i'm correct this app is phone, and it takes about 3~4 sec to turn it on

if this app would be always on in the background, then the lag would be minimal, but it would take up some watch memory
Completely agree with you, developer should take a time to adjust Phone app for best performance. Currently it takes a much time to open app. Probably yes, the best way to keep it always in background.
Also I've noticed, if I'm stop and disable app "Ambient Mode" then watch start working better it also applies to incoming call notifications,
Hi Wegas,

We already shared this feature request with our engineers, Hope we'll get a solution for this issue very soon.

Aathif Mahir
Mobvoi Global Moderator

Post Reply