Pet Peeve

Moderators: garrywadams, Chintannapster, Aathif Mahir, Sabertooth

no avatar
noahmart23
Cash on hand: Locked

Pet Peeve

Post by noahmart23 » Mon Aug 12, 2019 3:27 pm

My biggest Pet Peeve with the Ticwatch Pro is the way the screen times out.
I have StayLit installed, but its temperamental and doesn't always work the way it should.
Pity there isn't a Display option built in for setting a specific timeout like the Samsung S3 watch.

Sabertooth
Bank: Locked

Re: Pet Peeve

Post by Sabertooth » Mon Aug 12, 2019 3:37 pm

noahmart23 wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 3:27 pm
I have StayLit installed, but its temperamental and doesn't always work the way it should.
Pity there isn't a Display option built in for setting a specific timeout like the Samsung S3 watch.
Greetings noahmart23!

Thank you for reminding me about this again! The forum staff has just recently gained access to the software manager and this is an excellent item to ask for. You can be sure I'll be bring this to their attention immediately. That said there may or may not be immediate action but I will push hard for this on your behalf.

Sabertooth
Mobvoi Global Moderator

Sabertooth
Bank: Locked

Re: Pet Peeve

Post by Sabertooth » Fri Aug 16, 2019 1:58 pm

noahmart23 wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 3:27 pm
Greetings noahmart23!

I've researched this issue a bit. Basically, the screen time out is built in to Wear OS. It is possible for third parties to extend the screen timeout in specific apps (basically a kludge) but, to change it to a variable selectable by end users, will require changes to Wear OS. Mobvoi (and I'm sure other hardware and software developers) are already talking to Google about this. However, there can never be too many requests to convince Google to make the change. You can help accomplish this by providing feedback via the Wear OS app directly to Google. Open the Wear OS app on your phone and click the three dots on the upper right. Select help & feedback from the menu. Tap send feedback at the bottom of the list of options. Enter you suggestion about the screen timeout and then press the send arrow in the upper right.

Together we can try to get this added.
Sabertooth
Mobvoi Global Moderator