Ticwatch E can't hold charge

Moderators: garrywadams, Chintannapster, Aathif Mahir, Sabertooth

no avatar
Michizuri
Cash on hand: Locked

Ticwatch E can't hold charge

Post by Michizuri » Mon Aug 26, 2019 10:20 pm

Hiya, as the title says..when connecting the watch to power, the blue charging icon shows up for 6 seconds then disappears for about 3 seconds and repeats until eternity. Sometimes the watch just vibrates and flashes.

I haven't charged it in two weeks as I was on vacation and it might have been in a slightly damp environment for a day or two but otherwise no harm done to it whatsoever. Could it be the cable, battery or something else?

Also holding down powerbutton makes the watch boot straight to ticwatch logo instead of charging icon and the screen dies from there instead.

Thanks for your assistance, I hope I'll be able to revive my buddy successfully. Never thought I'd want a watch so much before, until I've grown used to it.

no avatar
carlos.miguel.pereira

Re: Ticwatch E can't hold charge

Post by carlos.miguel.pereira » Tue Oct 08, 2019 4:54 pm

Hi,
I had the same problem on my ticwatch, no solution, you have to open a warranty ticket on support.
Carlos

no avatar
hrmckay

Re: Ticwatch E can't hold charge

Post by hrmckay » Sat Oct 12, 2019 11:57 pm

You could try another charging cable, There have been many reports on Reddit and elsewhere about charging cables suddenly going bad. From one week to the next my Ticwatch E started taking twice as long to charge. When I used another charging cable it started charging quickly like before, There is nothing obviously wrong with my original charging cable, except for slow charging.