Notification delay Ticwatch S

Moderators: garrywadams, Chintannapster, Aathif Mahir, Sabertooth

no avatar
MrWolf
Cash on hand: Locked

Notification delay Ticwatch S

Post by MrWolf » Fri Sep 06, 2019 10:57 am

Hi
Whenever i get a notification or call the notification from my phone (P20 Pro) to my watch is delayed by approx 20s.This makes the watch nearly useless because when i get the vibration on my watch the caller usually have ended the call...I have tried to disable ALL powersaving "features" on my phone but nothing works.Everything is updated to latest versions and nothing helps.

Anyone have any fix for this?

Aathif Mahir
Bank: Locked

Re: Notification delay Ticwatch S

Post by Aathif Mahir » Sat Sep 07, 2019 6:08 pm

MrWolf wrote:
Fri Sep 06, 2019 10:57 am
Hi
Whenever i get a notification or call the notification from my phone (P20 Pro) to my watch is delayed by approx 20s.This makes the watch nearly useless because when i get the vibration on my watch the caller usually have ended the call...I have tried to disable ALL powersaving "features" on my phone but nothing works.Everything is updated to latest versions and nothing helps.

Anyone have any fix for this?
Hi MrWolf,

As far as limitation, The call notification getting around 3 to 5 seconds is totally normal. In your case it takes around 20 seconds, That's totally not a limitation. Please do the following steps and let us know if that solved your issue.

On your Smartphone:
  • Settings - Apps and Notifications - All Apps - Wear OS by Google - Permission - Enable all the permission
  • Settings - Apps and Notifications - Special Access - Notification Access - Enable permission for Wear OS by Google
Note: If the above solution is didn't fix your issue, It's recommended to do a factory reset on your TicWatch by Going Settings - System - Disconnect and Reset

Aathif Mahir
Mobvoi Global Moderator

no avatar
MrWolf

Post by MrWolf » Fri Sep 20, 2019 10:27 am

I did all these steps and still there is a delay of 15s for notifications.And a factory reset i have already done i think 10 times.This sadly confirms the mess Wear OS is. Like this the watch is useless to me

no avatar
MrWolf

Post by MrWolf » Sat Sep 21, 2019 12:32 pm

Im actually starting to think the problem is the Huawei P20 Pro i have.It keeps killing apps in the background no matter what settings i set.Crap software...

no avatar
swefor.mrwolf

Post by swefor.mrwolf » Fri Oct 04, 2019 12:08 pm

After some follow up i can for sure say its the watch thats the problem.I get notification on my watch (for example gmail) and nothing on my watch says i have a notification.I wait and wait but when i tap on the watch to wake it up the notification shows up...