GPS / tichealth exercise

Moderators: garrywadams, Chintannapster, Aathif Mahir, Sabertooth

no avatar
threechops
Cash on hand: Locked

GPS / tichealth exercise

Post by threechops » Sat Sep 21, 2019 3:04 pm

When I try to record an exercise with Tichealth I get the attached error message, which doesn't make any sense, but suggests something's wrong with the GPS connection.

(Disconnect to the phone or turn on the GPS on the mobile, access your location for fitness route recordor it will not be saved."

Although the exercise location is then tracked correctly, the error message keeps appearing every few seconds. The 'ignore' option doesn't work, and the 'exit' option ends the exercise session.

This error message means it's impossible to properly read the watch screen while I'm exercising, making it pointless.

How do I make the error message go away? Thanks

Sabertooth
Bank: Locked

Re: GPS / tichealth exercise

Post by Sabertooth » Sat Sep 21, 2019 5:00 pm

threechops wrote:
Sat Sep 21, 2019 3:04 pm
When I try to record an exercise with Tichealth I get the attached error message, which doesn't make any sense, but suggests something's wrong with the GPS connection.

(Disconnect to the phone or turn on the GPS on the mobile, access your location for fitness route recordor it will not be saved."

Although the exercise location is then tracked correctly, the error message keeps appearing every few seconds. The 'ignore' option doesn't work, and the 'exit' option ends the exercise session.

This error message means it's impossible to properly read the watch screen while I'm exercising, making it pointless.

How do I make the error message go away? Thanks
Greetings threechops!

It could be a setting or permission that's not set properly. Since it's an exercise, let's check the TicExercise permissions first. Swipe down from the top and tap the gear icon on the quick menu to open Settings. tap Apps & Notifications then App Permissions. Scroll down then tap System apps. locate TicExercise and tap it. Both Location and Sensors should be ON.

Also, under Settings > Connectivity, Location (from phone and watch) should be ON.

Sabertooth
Mobvoi Global Moderator

no avatar
threechops

Post by threechops » Mon Sep 23, 2019 8:51 pm

Hello - the settings are all as you describe but the problem is still there

Sabertooth.
Bank: Locked

Post by Sabertooth. » Tue Sep 24, 2019 2:06 pm

threechops wrote:
Mon Sep 23, 2019 8:51 pm
Hello - the settings are all as you describe but the problem is still there
Greetings threechops!

Check the permissions for Wear OS. We have an FAQ with directions here: https://forum.mobvoi.com/viewtopic.php?f=66&t=54572.

Also, verify all your apps are up-to-date. Older versions can sometimes cause unusual behavior. To check your watch firmware, swipe down from the top and tap the gear icon to open Settings. Tap System > About > System updates. If an update is available, install it. Open the Play Store on your phone, tap the menu bars on the upper left then tap My apps & games. Tap Update All if updates are available. Open the Play Store on your watch, swipe down from the top then tap the My Apps (overlapping boxes) icon on the left. Tap Update all if updates are available.

Lastly, restart your phone then your watch.

Please provide your watch model and phone make and model. I'll push your error to the support channel to see if any others have experienced this issue and to put it in front of an engineer.

Sabertooth
Mobvoi Global Moderator

no avatar
threechops

Post by threechops » Tue Sep 24, 2019 6:38 pm

Those changes have not worked either, the issue is still there.

It's a Ticwatch E2 and a Moto g6 play.

When do you expect a resolution? I've had the watch less than 2 weeks and may choose to return it.