Ticwatch E vibration with no notification, even in Do Not Disturb mode

Moderators: garrywadams, Chintannapster, Aathif Mahir, Sabertooth

politas
Cash on hand: Locked

Ticwatch E vibration with no notification, even in Do Not Disturb mode

Post by politas » Mon Oct 07, 2019 8:37 am

I'm a shift worker, and I use my watch as my alarm clock, but recently, it's started buzzing my wrist hourly (about 7 minutes before the hour), which is destroying my sleep. When I look at my watch, there's no notification. Can anyone give me pointers what to look for to stop this?

Sabertooth.
Bank: Locked

Re: Ticwatch E vibration with no notification, even in Do Not Disturb mode

Post by Sabertooth. » Mon Oct 07, 2019 2:26 pm

politas wrote:
Mon Oct 07, 2019 8:37 am
I'm a shift worker, and I use my watch as my alarm clock, but recently, it's started buzzing my wrist hourly (about 7 minutes before the hour), which is destroying my sleep. When I look at my watch, there's no notification. Can anyone give me pointers what to look for to stop this?
Greetings politas!

There is no hourly chime feature or other setting on the watch that might account for your issue. You can view all the watch settings in our TicWatch Settings Reference here: https://forum.mobvoi.com/viewtopic.php?f=66&t=54380

There are some setting for Do Not Disturb including overrides that you can check on the watch under Settings > Apps & Notifications.

Sabertooth
Mobvoi Global Moderator

no avatar
hrmckay

Post by hrmckay » Mon Oct 07, 2019 2:37 pm

It could be the watch face that is doing this. Change watch faces and see what happens. You should also check your phone to see if something is happening there once an hour.

politas

Post by politas » Tue Oct 08, 2019 10:47 am

Sabertooth. wrote:
Mon Oct 07, 2019 2:26 pm
Greetings politas!

There is no hourly chime feature or other setting on the watch that might account for your issue. You can view all the watch settings in our TicWatch Settings Reference here: https://forum.mobvoi.com/viewtopic.php?f=66&t=54380

There are some setting for Do Not Disturb including overrides that you can check on the watch under Settings > Apps & Notifications.

Sabertooth
Mobvoi Global Moderator
Looking at the past notifications list, I think it might be Facebook Messenger. I would like to know why I don't see a notification on the watch, and why it's not obeying the Do Not Disturb setting.

Sabertooth.

Post by Sabertooth. » Tue Oct 08, 2019 1:38 pm

politas wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 10:47 am
Looking at the past notifications list, I think it might be Facebook Messenger. I would like to know why I don't see a notification on the watch, and why it's not obeying the Do Not Disturb setting.
Greetings politas!

I suggest you cross post your issue to Google Wear OS as this is most likely a software issue. Open Wear OS on your phone then tap the three dots on the upper right, tap help & feedback, tap Send feedback. The only other suggestion might be to turn off the notifications for this app which may or may not work since it's not behaving as it should.

Sabertooth
Mobvoi Global Moderator

no avatar
rstephens42

Post by rstephens42 » Mon Oct 14, 2019 3:18 am

Did you find out what is causing it ?
I am having the same issue. Vibration at 7 or 8 minutes to the hour.

Sabertooth.

Post by Sabertooth. » Mon Oct 14, 2019 1:44 pm

rstephens42 wrote:
Mon Oct 14, 2019 3:18 am
Did you find out what is causing it ?
I am having the same issue. Vibration at 7 or 8 minutes to the hour.
Greetings rstephens42!

politas said they felt it was Facebook Messenger. You'll need to look for an app that's running (on your phone?) which is sending the notification.

Sabertooth
Mobvoi Global Moderator

politas

Post by politas » Mon Oct 14, 2019 2:05 pm

Well, I removed Facebook Messenger from my phone entirely, and it was still happening, so that's not it. I then did a factory reset and got a vibration and notification a little before the hour from TicHealth. I turned off all notifications from TicHealth, and this afternoon, I noticed another vibration with no notification around 7-8 minutes before 5PM. My watch was in Do not disturb mode, because I was trying to sleep in between overnight shifts. Seems like TicHealth on the Mobvoi Ticwatch is ignoring Do Not Disturb mode, Even worse, turning off notifications for Tichealth turns off the text notification, but not the vibration.

Sabertooth.

Post by Sabertooth. » Wed Oct 16, 2019 3:11 pm

politas wrote:
Mon Oct 14, 2019 2:05 pm
Well, I removed Facebook Messenger from my phone entirely, and it was still happening, so that's not it. I then did a factory reset and got a vibration and notification a little before the hour from TicHealth. I turned off all notifications from TicHealth, and this afternoon, I noticed another vibration with no notification around 7-8 minutes before 5PM. My watch was in Do not disturb mode, because I was trying to sleep in between overnight shifts. Seems like TicHealth on the Mobvoi Ticwatch is ignoring Do Not Disturb mode, Even worse, turning off notifications for Tichealth turns off the text notification, but not the vibration.
Greetings politas!

Your information corroborates with some other reports we have and we are investigating this vibration issue with TicHealth as a possible culprit. Others have reported that turning off the notifications solved the problem for them so you differ in that respect.

You might try removing upgrades to see if a recent update caused the issue. Open settings on your watch, Tap Apps & Notifications, Tap App Info, Tap System Apps. Locate TicHealth and tap it. Tap Remove upgrades.

Let me know what you find.

Edit: just to be sure, to turn off the notifications for TicHealth, you opened TicHealth app, swipe left until you get to the settings then disabled Active Reminder and Goal Reminder.
Sabertooth
Mobvoi Global Moderator