Ticwatch S quality is sh*t

Moderators: garrywadams, Chintannapster, Aathif Mahir, Sabertooth

no avatar
j.cusido
Cash on hand: Locked

Ticwatch S quality is sh*t

Post by j.cusido » Mon Dec 02, 2019 12:50 pm

Hi all,
I'm writting here to let everyone know what my experience was with a Ticwatch S.

I bought it more than one year ago (so the warranty period has passed) and I got Mobvoi to replace it by new a unit 2 times due to the same problem: after some time using the watch, the charge pins in the back lose their gold-plated layer or they get rusty, and the charger stop making good contact, so the watch stops charging.

Both times they (Mobvoi) replaced my watch, but the last time I asked for a refund because I knew it would be a third time... They didn't offer a refund, and limited themselves to offer a 15% discount (!!!) on a new Ticwatch S2 or a Ticwatch Pro, which I turned down because I won't buy another piece of sh*t of this brand.

Now I'm facing same problem with the third unit (oh! what a surprise! didn't I know it will happen again?) and the warranty is over, so what should I do with a watch that is not charging anymore? Use it as a nice bracelet or what?

In my opinion they should've offered me a refund and I would have bought another brand's watch that takes seriously the building quality and materials.

Has anyone faced same or similar problem?

Thanks!

no avatar
hrmckay

Re: Ticwatch S quality is sh*t

Post by hrmckay » Mon Dec 02, 2019 6:13 pm

I have had a Ticwatch E for almost exactly two years and never had this problem. I wear it almost every day and the gold contacts on the back are bright and shiny except on two of the contacts there is a very tiny black spot. I did have charging problems due to the charging cable however. The watch started taking longer and longer to charge, over two hours at one point. When I used a different charging cable the problem went away. There are numerous comments on Reddit about corroded charging contacts and bad charging cables. There are also suggestions on how to clean the contacts.

no avatar
henri.salminen

Re: Ticwatch S quality is sh*t

Post by henri.salminen » Mon Dec 09, 2019 11:38 am

My ticwatch E is now almost impossible to recharge. Gold plating is nearly gone. Next watch i buy, must have wireless charging.