How to activate sleep tracking

Moderators: garrywadams, Aathif Mahir

no avatar
heyblue17
Cash on hand: Locked

How to activate sleep tracking

Post by heyblue17 » Mon Dec 02, 2019 5:25 pm

I've got a TicWatch Pro 4G/LTE and it's not tracking my sleep. Is there something that i need to do to get it to work? Everything I could find said it would be pushed to the phone. I'm not seeing any options and don't see a way to start the sleep tracking.

Thanks for your help.

garrywadams
Bank: Locked

Re: How to activate sleep tracking

Post by garrywadams » Tue Dec 03, 2019 3:21 am

You need to install the TicSleep app from your watch to enable sleep tracking. The functionality is not an automatic push.
The app is not visible from the Play Store on your phone, you will need to open the Play Store on your watch and search for TicSleep from there.

-garrywadams
Mobvoi Global Moderator

no avatar
heyblue17

Post by heyblue17 » Tue Dec 03, 2019 5:05 am

Thank you. I have it installed now.

no avatar
d.gregg

Post by d.gregg » Fri Apr 10, 2020 6:07 pm

How do you find the battery life when using the sleep app? What sort of life do you get? I found if I kept the watch on all night I didnt have enough juice for the next full day at work.

no avatar
raffiearabian

Post by raffiearabian » Fri Apr 10, 2020 6:47 pm

I just want a free Watch :)

garrywadams
Bank: Locked

Post by garrywadams » Sun Apr 12, 2020 2:35 pm

d.gregg wrote:
Fri Apr 10, 2020 6:07 pm
How do you find the battery life when using the sleep app? What sort of life do you get? I found if I kept the watch on all night I didnt have enough juice for the next full day at work.
I usually charge at night before going to bed. If I do a full charge before I go to sleep, I can get a full 24 hours including sleep monitoring, GPS workouts, notifications, fairly heavy use, etc. On a lighter day without workouts or lots of notifications, it might last closer to 36 hours, but I don't usually squeeze 48 out of it.

It helps to turn off the screen at night, so the watch is still running, but doesn't turn the screen on when you don't need it. Some people also disable the tilt-gesture so the screen only comes on with a button-press or a screen-touch. That can extend battery life as well.

-garrywadams
Mobvoi Global Moderator

no avatar
lakshmidas.g

Post by lakshmidas.g » Tue Apr 14, 2020 8:59 pm

I use tic sleep, but it eats up a lot of battery.

no avatar
rafael4sites

Post by rafael4sites » Wed Apr 15, 2020 10:20 am

Same issue here.. not sure how to make it work.

no avatar
antmon1

Post by antmon1 » Wed Jun 17, 2020 12:30 pm

Mine just seems to kick into sleepmode when I 'think' it picks up that it's on my wrist and I'm not moving for 'x' number of mins? Also, mine sucks up very little battery life overnight, say on a ~7hr nights sleep. I do set it to Do Not Disturb, turn volume down and screen down to 1 (but also not sure if any of that that also prevents a wake alarm to go on or not)

no avatar
simmo691

Post by simmo691 » Sun Jun 21, 2020 8:26 am

The sleep tracking is pretty useless on this watch. Sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't. The LTE version is such a disappointing device it has so many bugs it's shouldn't really have been released. I feel like I've been totally ripped off with this watch as it does very little of what it's supposed you do. Come on Mobvoi let us return these watches in the UK as they are not fit for purpose.