I feel like I have different apps all doing the same thing, and probably chewing through my battery in the process.

Moderators: garrywadams, Chintannapster, Aathif Mahir, Sabertooth

no avatar
danacap
Cash on hand: Locked

I feel like I have different apps all doing the same thing, and probably chewing through my battery in the process.

Post by danacap » Mon Feb 10, 2020 11:42 pm

Just bought the watch. Love the UI and it looks very nice too. Bought it because it's native to Google. Here's what I'm wondering. Do I actually need all these apps? I have to imagine there's a few doing the exact same thing. Not sure why the watch came with them installed already unless they rely on each other..

I want as much feature and functionality as possible (especially for fitness and sleep)
Here's the list of the ones I'm not sure about.

Fit (looks like by Google)
Fit Breathe (same)
Fit workout (same)
Tic exercise
Tic pulse
Tic health
Tic sleep

What's the verdict? Which ones do people use...it's not like I'm going to put the widgets from both of the workout apps on the quickview.

I'm already getting a notification on my Galaxy note 10 saying Mobvoi is using a lot of battery in the background on my phone. Can anyone explain that?

Aside from being naturally opposed to things that come bloated with too many apps, I keep hearing this watch has major battery issues. I'd basically like to know what the ultimate configuration is that maximises the user experience without draining the battery too quickly.

Thanks!