Notifications

Moderators: garrywadams, Chintannapster, Aathif Mahir, Sabertooth

no avatar
tomlam.com
Cash on hand: Locked

Notifications

Post by tomlam.com » Tue Mar 17, 2020 7:58 am

guys, I notice when notifications come (such as a whatsapp message), the watch would vibrate everytime, however, sometimes the watch would turn on and show the notifications, sometimes the watch just stay in "dumb mode" and wouldn't automatically show the notifications. one thing I notice is when I was looking at it, it would show, but when I'm not looking at it (such as I'm talking to another person and my hand with the watch was not moving), it won't show.

I wonder if it's reading my gesture to decide show or not show. do you guys have any idea? thanks

TicWatch Pro 2020
settings:
- tilt to wake: disable
- wrist gesture: enable
- screen always on: disable

Aathif Mahir
Bank: Locked

Re: Notifications

Post by Aathif Mahir » Sat Mar 21, 2020 10:56 am

tomlam.com wrote:
Tue Mar 17, 2020 7:58 am
guys, I notice when notifications come (such as a whatsapp message), the watch would vibrate everytime, however, sometimes the watch would turn on and show the notifications, sometimes the watch just stay in "dumb mode" and wouldn't automatically show the notifications. one thing I notice is when I was looking at it, it would show, but when I'm not looking at it (such as I'm talking to another person and my hand with the watch was not moving), it won't show.

I wonder if it's reading my gesture to decide show or not show. do you guys have any idea? thanks

TicWatch Pro 2020
settings:
Hi tomlam,

Please try clearing the cache of Wear OS by Google app on your Smartphone and also try restarting your Smartphone after wiping the cache.

Note: Make sure that you disable battery optimization for wear OS by Google app on your Smartphone.

Aathif Mahir
Mobvoi Global Moderator

no avatar
tomlam.com

Re: Notifications

Post by tomlam.com » Sun Mar 29, 2020 1:27 pm

Aathif Mahir wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 10:56 am
tomlam.com wrote:
Tue Mar 17, 2020 7:58 am

TicWatch Pro 2020
settings:
Hi tomlam,

Please try clearing the cache of Wear OS by Google app on your Smartphone and also try restarting your Smartphone after wiping the cache.

Note: Make sure that you disable battery optimization for wear OS by Google app on your Smartphone.

Aathif Mahir
Mobvoi Global Moderator
Thanks Aathif, I'll go try it out.