O2 support for TicWatch Pro 4G?

Moderators: garrywadams, Chintannapster, Aathif Mahir, Sabertooth

no avatar
akirkby249
Cash on hand: Locked

O2 support for TicWatch Pro 4G?

Post by akirkby249 » Thu Mar 05, 2020 8:05 am

Hi guys. Can you advise how I activate 4g capabilities on O2 in the UK. The watch only came with a QR to use with Vodafone.
Thanks
Andrew

no avatar
steve_rowbottom

Re: New system update for TicWatch Pro 4G?

Post by steve_rowbottom » Mon Mar 16, 2020 10:16 pm

akirkby249 wrote:
Thu Mar 05, 2020 8:05 am
Hi guys. Can you advise how I activate 4g capabilities on O2 in the UK. The watch only came with a QR to use with Vodafone.
Thanks
Andrew
As far as I know only Vodafone is supported currently. I'm hoping for O2 support at some point myself...

garrywadams
Bank: Locked

Re: New system update for TicWatch Pro 4G?

Post by garrywadams » Sun Mar 22, 2020 10:03 pm

steve_rowbottom wrote:
Mon Mar 16, 2020 10:16 pm

As far as I know only Vodafone is supported currently. I'm hoping for O2 support at some point myself...
That is correct. I know some users have seen O2 show up on the configuration screen and some have had mixed success in registering the watch with them, but officially Vodafone is the only carrier supported at the moment.

-garrywadams
Mobvoi Global Moderator

no avatar
info2

Re: O2 support for TicWatch Pro 4G?

Post by info2 » Thu Mar 26, 2020 12:46 pm

I don't know how long you would like to fool us customers, support from O2 is advertised on the homepage but it doesn't work, the whole market of O2 and of course the Telekom customers who would buy this watch is idle. Or do you think that someone switches to Vodafone just to use LTE?
Please remedy this urgently. :evil:

garrywadams
Bank: Locked

Re: O2 support for TicWatch Pro 4G?

Post by garrywadams » Mon Mar 30, 2020 3:17 am

Info2,
I'm actually in the same boat here in the US. I have the 4G, but I'm not a Verizon customer. I would happily activate it with my current carrier if that was an option for me, but in the US the only supported carrier is Verizon. I'm not going to switch carriers, or sign up for a standalone data-only line with Verizon just for my watch.

As for carriers in other countries, I'm just sharing the data that has been provided to me. There's no "fooling" involved in the process here in the forum, just fellow community members that are trying to help each other. The documentation I've read says that Vodafone is the only supported carrier at the moment. I can't speak as to whether O2 has been shown elsewhere on the UK or EU website, as I'm in the US.

I'm sorry to hear about your situation, and I completely understand. As I said, I'm in the same boat here. Hopefully support for additional carriers will be opened up and we can all use our carrier of choice.

Right now I think the biggest challenge for Mobvoi is working with carrier support teams to work through activation issues and device support. This is only a single product in the Mobvoi lineup and interoperability with carriers is something that doesn't exactly come easily. It takes a while to hammer out those process before there is enough availability within the support structure to take on additional variables like other carriers.

-garrywadams
Mobvoi Global Moderator