Firmware update

Moderators: garrywadams, Aathif Mahir, Sabertooth

no avatar
joshualangert
Cash on hand: Locked

Re: Firmware update

Post by joshualangert » Tue Jul 28, 2020 11:19 am

My Ticwatch Pro downloaded the update yesterday. However, the main watchface screen is now broken (no watchface image, but the other screens are just fine). Tried rebooting, etc. No luck. Tried changing the watchface, but no luck there either. Any ideas?

Aathif Mahir
Bank: Locked

Post by Aathif Mahir » Tue Jul 28, 2020 12:25 pm

joshualangert wrote:
Tue Jul 28, 2020 11:19 am
My Ticwatch Pro downloaded the update yesterday. However, the main watchface screen is now broken (no watchface image, but the other screens are just fine). Tried rebooting, etc. No luck. Tried changing the watchface, but no luck there either. Any ideas?
Hi joshualangert,

We are really very sorry for the issue your currently facing. Please do a factory reset by doing following steps
- Settings - System - Disconnect and Reset

Let us know, if the issue still persists after reset.

Aathif Mahir
Mobvoi Lead Moderator

no avatar
jklew888frm

Post by jklew888frm » Tue Jul 28, 2020 9:20 pm

Aathif Mahir wrote:
Tue Jul 28, 2020 12:25 pm
joshualangert wrote:
Hi joshualangert,

We are really very sorry for the issue your currently facing. Please do a factory reset by doing following steps

Aathif Mahir
Mobvoi Lead Moderator
I’m having a similar problem. Some watch faces take so long to load that the screen times out before they can appear (notifications and tiles can be swiped in the meantime). The watch is lagging more than before the update; for example, it takes a long time for the unlock pattern screen to show up and accept the swipe pattern and it takes 1-2 seconds for the display to auto-adjust the brightness, so sometimes it seems to get stuck on 100% brightness.

The faces that fail to load (so far) are Heartbeat, Ruler, and Zoran. These have heart rate hard-coded onto the face, so maybe there’s something up with that. For a while, all the faces took a long time to load in the face picker; now only Heartbeat and Ruler are blank in the picker. Heart rate is unavailable (or is now unavailable) as a choice for face elements, so I can’t test this out.

And one more thing. My Walker face went away with the update and I can’t find it in the Play Store. Is Walker no longer available for pre-2020/non-LTE TicWatch Pro owners?

no avatar
joshualangert

Post by joshualangert » Tue Jul 28, 2020 10:24 pm

Aathif Mahir wrote:
Tue Jul 28, 2020 12:25 pm
joshualangert wrote:
Hi joshualangert,

Aathif Mahir
Mobvoi Lead Moderator
Thank you for this reply. I did the factory reset (twice actually) and that did restore function. Now have to reinstall all of my apps, etc. Painful. Not sure if this is a common occurrence following a firmware update, but I definitely don't want to have to do it with each update. Luckily worked.

no avatar
greg726

Post by greg726 » Tue Jul 28, 2020 11:15 pm

Thank you.

My watch is now unbelivable fast. Both buttons and touch screen have zero lag. All my apps open quickly and my google assitant responds instanly. An amazing update.

no avatar
mheuse

Post by mheuse » Thu Jul 30, 2020 11:37 am

icechg wrote:
Mon Jul 27, 2020 1:27 pm
Is there a changelog?
And the automatic brightness no longer works as it used to. Even in dark rooms, it is very bright.
I got the update this morning. I have the same problem with the automatic brightness. Always maximum. I had to change manually to 3.

The build number ist still the same for me: PWDD.190617.074. Just the security updates changed to 01.06.2020.
The Date format is still the US Version MM-DD :cry: . This was promised to change with the next update...

no avatar
mailbox.costa

Post by mailbox.costa » Fri Jul 31, 2020 8:30 am

I received the update yesterday at the end of the day. I also noticed that the lag disappeared with this update.
Keep up the good work.

no avatar
gpopovich

Post by gpopovich » Sat Aug 01, 2020 2:19 pm

How much storage is required for the update? I am getting Not enough available space. I am trying to avoid a factory reset.
On that, if I am forced to reset, will I lose the TicHealth data that I have to date?

garrywadams
Bank: Locked

Post by garrywadams » Sun Aug 02, 2020 12:17 pm

I'm not sure how much space is required for the update, but if you are signed into the Mobvoi app on your phone, your health data is uploaded to the cloud and will remain after a factory reset.

-garrywadams
Mobvoi Global Moderator

no avatar
gpopovich

Post by gpopovich » Mon Aug 03, 2020 12:44 am

garrywadams wrote:
Sun Aug 02, 2020 12:17 pm
I'm not sure how much space is required for the update, but if you are signed into the Mobvoi app on your phone, your health data is uploaded to the cloud and will remain after a factory reset.

-garrywadams
Mobvoi Global Moderator
Thanks for that! I will try the reset