Google Assistant issues

Moderators: garrywadams, Aathif Mahir, Sabertooth

no avatar
scrotor
Cash on hand: Locked

Google Assistant issues

Post by scrotor » Tue Jul 28, 2020 6:14 pm

In order to get Google Assistant to respond to me --Via voice command --from the watch, I have to re initialize the watch. After that, followed by a few required configurations, the watch works great.

Then, at the end of the day, i put my phone and watch on the charger and go to bed.

Next day- the google assistant from the watch will no longer respond to me via voice commands. The only way to resolve is to once again wipe out the watch and re-initialize.

Last night i read the post about not getting updates for the Google app.
So i uninstalled the updates. - no change, still had to re-initialize the watch to get it to listen for "hey google"

--WATCH
MODEL: WF12096
DEVICE NAME: TICWATCH PRO 0094

--VERSIONS:
WEAR OS BY GOOGLE: 2.17

HOME APP : 2.35.0.318473698

GOOGLE PLAY SERVICES: 20.24.14 ( 050300-319035315 )

SYSTEM VERSION: H

ANDROID SECURITY PATCH LEVEL: JUNE 1, 2020

--PHONE:
SAMSUNG GALAXY S7
ANDROID VER. 7.0

--PHONE APPS:
GOOGLE VERSION: 7.10.34.21.ARM64

WEAR OS BY GOOGLE VERSION: 2.38.0.318263762.GMS

MOBVOI VERSION : 3.15.0-838.423

Looking for any leads to start troubleshooting.

no avatar
scrotor

Re: Google Assistant issues

Post by scrotor » Wed Jul 29, 2020 10:42 pm

UPDATE

So as I was searching though the system menu of my phone for anything pertaining to Google assistant, or the watch, I discovered that the Android OS updates for my phone was not set to auto.

I started the updates (there were approx 3, maybe 4 ) after about an hour of updating I removed the watch then reinstalled it.

I noticed the copying of my 2 Google accounts to the watch when a lot faster, like one minute. Before there would be a progress bar stating 5 minutes.

After the first night the Google assistant from the watch has been responding to my hey Google voice command.
Hopefully this will continue.

garrywadams
Bank: Locked

Re: Google Assistant issues

Post by garrywadams » Sun Aug 02, 2020 12:28 pm

scrotor,
Thanks for the follow up and potential solution. It would make sense that an outdated OS on the phone could cause troubles here.
Please keep us posted.

-garrywadams
Mobvoi Global Moderator